A little acoustic ditty

xfinsterx
Nicely recorded guitars. Interesting vocals. Well placed harmony. Strong melody & strident vocal performances.
Interesting word artifact - doesn't it mean a man made object.
Understated guitars balance the voices well.
I really like the mix esp. the placement of everything. I'm wearing h/phones but could almost swear that the harmony was from up, behind & slightly to the right, almost over & beyond the shoulder, of the vocalist.
Top shelf.
Cheers
rayC

I seem to be having trouble with lightningmp3 right now. Is this on your Myspace page, Chris?

rayc said:
I'm wearing h/phones but could almost swear that the harmony was from up, behind & slightly to the right, almost over & beyond the shoulder, of the vocalist.
Top shelf.
Cheers
rayC

I see you havent been around here very long rayC....if you had the opportunity to participate in the Public Mix Contests...you would recognize that vocalist is Finster himself....:p

Awesome song as always man...A little different from what Im used to hearing from you....I guitars sound SOOOO good... Sounds like the one on the left has a lot more low end than the right....the vox make me jealous...I just heard a chair sqeak in the end thought....:p

xfinsterx said:
Thought someone here might dig on this.
Lemme know if somethings wrong with it, thanks.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=3098

(EDIT) I just noticed some weird popping artifacts in the beginning....those must be encoding errors...try to ignore them :rolleyes: )

Hey xfinsterx,

The acoustic guitar is very sweet, I love the sound of fingers sliding on the strings, it makes it just that little more real!
Very nice work on the vocals and harmonies.
I would like to hear a very clean underlying bass guitar in this mix just to fill out the bottom end of this tune!

Nice work!
Gorty

Quite beautiful part singing and well recorded for dramatic affect.

Beautiful tone on the acoustic gtrs. I like their immediate close quality, with the vox more verby and a little farther away.

What chain did you record the guitar with?

Tim

Finally got this DL'd. Nice song man. I really dig the vox myself. Very cool. Very cool, and melodic. Good tune man...I'm jealous.... :D (not really....just impressed...)

Can't really say much man....just nice.
Ed

Timothy Lawler said:
Quite beautiful part singing and well recorded for dramatic affect.

Beautiful tone on the acoustic gtrs. I like their immediate close quality, with the vox more verby and a little farther away.

What chain did you record the guitar with?

Tim

Thanks Tim, The Chain was V69 to API 3124 to Apogee ad16x to pro tools at 192khz.

The vox were the same on everything except they went to the avalon instead of the API.

I sent you a PM BTW

Absolutely beautiful! Reminds me of the old Emerson, Lake and Palmer stuff for some reason. Or Kansas perhaps... Has a very dramatic vibe to it. Great Job.

Back