a laptop, Cubse, Nuendo, an MRS-1044 and a problen ... please help

samd577

hi. i recently purchased a Zoom MRS-1044. I also have a copy of Cubase SX3 and Nuendo on my laptop. My current situation is this....

I have been asked by a guy who saw me play at a party to make a CD of origional music for his record company. as you can imagine i am very excited by the prospect. i Hurredly purchased a fully working Zoom MRS-1044 from ebay, in full knowledge that it was not the CD/RW version and i did not come with a USB port, though if it is DESPERATELY needed, i would grudgingly buy one. What i would like to know is this.

I can connect my MRS-1044 to the computers speakers and it plays fine. i also noted that the sound is recognised by cubase and nuendo when i open the program (the little bars on the toolbar move, albeit delayed, when i play guitar through the desk.) So is it possible for me to record what is coming out of the speakers onto an audio track on the software. i then have the option of recording on the MRS and mixing to CD on cubase or Nuendo.

i would gratefully appeciate help on this matter, by anyone in the know.

thanks in advance. Sam ;)

please

cmon someone please help. i know its sad to post on my own message but im really stuck. last time i posted about something like this i just got a 'n00b basher' attack me. can someone please help. thanks

Let me get this right....You just bought a used POS Zoom, you are using computer speakers, yet you have $3200 worth of software and no interface? Never mind the fact that Cubase SX is the exact same thing as Nuendo aside from the added movie post production tools in Nuendo.

Thieves and Pirates don't get much help here.

samd577 said:
hi. i recently purchased a Zoom MRS-1044. I also have a copy of Cubase SX3 and Nuendo on my laptop.

Hummmmm. very expensive software for such a young guy :rolleyes: I would like to know if they are :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Naaa, I let someone else get ya! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Farview said:
Let me get this right....You just bought a used POS Zoom, you are using computer speakers, yet you have $3200 worth of software and no interface? Never mind the fact that Cubase SX is the exact same thing as Nuendo aside from the added movie post production tools in Nuendo.

Thieves and Pirates don't get much help here.

I told you someone was going to get cha' :rolleyes:

Lets just be careful all...I wouldn't call someone a thief in the real world unless i was 200% sure. Theres no way of knowing. But it IS suspect.

TelePaul said:
Lets just be careful all...I wouldn't call someone a thief in the real world unless i was 200% sure. Theres no way of knowing. But it IS suspect.
He is either a thief or a complete moron. Cubase and Nuendo are the same program. There is no reason to have both.

BTW, I do call people on this in the real world.

Farview said:
He is either a thief or a complete moron. Cubase and Nuendo are the same program. There is no reason to have both.

BTW, I do call people on this in the real world.
I have too. And I've refused to help ort work with people in the real world that I believed were pirates.

I say NOTHING in this forum that I wouldn't/and/or haven't said in the real world.

There is NO way this guy's software is legit. None.

Thats fair enough, its obviously your call. I've met alot of people who have more money than talent; it doesn't make them thieves though.

Last edited:
Yeah,

I tell you If someone else on this board ever called me a thief thats when I show them this! ;) I paid for mine!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Attachments

• dongle.JPG
    dongle.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 39
Carter said:
Yeah,

I tell you If someone else on this board ever called me a thief thats when I show them this! ;) I paid for mine!!!!!!!!!!! :D

wow thats pretty sweet! Is that console in your monitor a reflection or just an image?

TelePaul said:
Thats fair enough, its obviously your call. I've met alot of people who ahve more moeny than talent; it doesn't make them thieves though.
Talent isn't the issue. If you look at his setup, you will notice that all of his hardware (not including the computer) put together cost about $150. All of his software (however redundant it is) is up around $3200.

He has the best of the best of the stuff that you can download off the internet, and is using computer speakers. Not to mention the stupidity involved in having both Nuendo and Cubase. (If you have Nuendo, you already have Cubase, no need to spend another $600)

It's just obvious.

Thanks Paul,

I wish I had a console that big, thats my mixer below the monitor ans heres a pic of the rest of the set up.

Attachments

• studio1.JPG
    studio1.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 36
now i understand that you dont like 'theives', and i dont mean to moan

1. i know nuendo and cubase are ESSENTIALLY the same program. i just wondered if someone who knows more about it than me would know about one of these.

2. i was merely asking for a helping hand. if i wanted to get shouted at and called theif i would do something to deserve it.

so go ahead, call me a moron if you so wish. neither you nor i gain anything from it, but that seems to be ok. now i dont mean to upset anyone, and if i did i am sorry, but if there is anyone who can help, whether you call me names while you are doing it or not, i really dont mind, i would like to listen to you.

i dont mean to moan, i would jusat like someone to help me

thanks

Well is it cracked software? cause if it is no one will help, Sorry. You see I posted proof for my software purchase, do you have some?

Farview said:
Talent isn't the issue. If you look at his setup, you will notice that all of his hardware (not including the computer) put together cost about $150. All of his software (however redundant it is) is up around $3200.

He has the best of the best of the stuff that you can download off the internet, and is using computer speakers. Not to mention the stupidity involved in having both Nuendo and Cubase. (If you have Nuendo, you already have Cubase, no need to spend another $600)

It's just obvious.

i already had cubase, given to me to do work from school for my music technology course. i was given nuendo by a friend of a parent who heard about what happened to me. the zoom was from ebay, and yes,i am playing it through computer speakers at the moment. but i dont need great speakers to mix down first time. my plan is to use the house sterio after i have been able to use the desk and the software i have.

Carter said:
Well is it cracked software? cause if it is no one will help, Sorry. You see I posted proof for my software purchase, do you have some?

then thank you. i mean that in a sincere way. at least you have foreward and said that, rather than just making snide remarks.

thanks for your time anyways.

good luck with your music recording and all.

maybe one day i will get nuendo or cubase. then i will not come here for help. it would appear that your common courtesy is not the norm.

See, nobody's sure whether what you have is legit or not...if you're given something by a school, i'm going to assume that the school have a legitimate licenscing agreement. If you were given Nuendo by a friend, I suggest you ask him for help rather than a new software program.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions because I'm not that kind of person. I'd rather assume you were immensely stupid rather than assume you were a software pirate.

But then again, if you are at music college and you have such a poor concept of music production....

Well, I'll just assume youre going to go back to college and ask them what to do :rolleyes:

Back