A&HZedi10fx to Ableton live lite, no sound!

Riki

Hello friends at Home Recording, Im newby in this realm. I just buy an usb mixer to save some bucks instead of an audio interface becouse wanted to record live drums in just two ch of the mixer, a bass and a midi keyboard, so first things first: the midi keyboard is pluged direct to the cpu usb port, so the zedi10, and route in to ableton’s midi and audio preferences as Asio driver couse is supossed the Zedi driver, my concern is that have the audio outs xlr of the mixer plug in to active monitors but when i play the midi keyboard looks like ableton recognize it but can not get any sound from it!! I just did all the routes possible and nothing! Please help becouse if the sound of the midi keyboard doesn’t came out from ableton to the Zedy i can’t record the rest of the instruments. In Ableton the midi control surface is selected, the audio is: controller Asio, audio device Zedi asio driver, channels in mono 1&2 3&4 or stereo in 1/2 3/4 same for the audio outs. The midi links are all set to the midi keyboard ins and outs. The midi ports are: midi keyboard to a Daw all tracks sincro enabled. Dont know if is a routing issue or simply does not work any sound out back from ableton to the zedi but as mentioned before ableton looks like react when play the keyboard but make no sound!! Please someone help.

Hello friends at Home Recording, Im newby in this realm. I just buy an usb mixer to save some bucks instead of an audio interface becouse wanted to record live drums in just two ch of the mixer, a bass and a midi keyboard, so first things first: the midi keyboard is pluged direct to the cpu usb port, so the zedi10, and route in to ableton’s midi and audio preferences as Asio driver couse is supossed the Zedi driver, my concern is that have the audio outs xlr of the mixer plug in to active monitors but when i play the midi keyboard looks like ableton recognize it but can not get any sound from it!! I just did all the routes possible and nothing! Please help becouse if the sound of the midi keyboard doesn’t came out from ableton to the Zedy i can’t record the rest of the instruments. In Ableton the midi control surface is selected, the audio is: controller Asio, audio device Zedi asio driver, channels in mono 1&2 3&4 or stereo in 1/2 3/4 same for the audio outs. The midi links are all set to the midi keyboard ins and outs. The midi ports are: midi keyboard to a Daw all tracks sincro enabled. Dont know if is a routing issue or simply does not work any sound out back from ableton to the zedi but as mentioned before ableton looks like react when play the keyboard but make no sound!! Please someone help.
If I understand you correct - your Keyboard will not out put to Zed via Ableton? Your path should be Keys > USB & Zed > USB. The sound should be present if you have choosen the Midi Keyboard as a Track - then it would output to the Zed as a matter of course. If you have it setup as a Midi controler then you don't have any route to the sound

I don’t see your nick name but really apreciate your direction! Yes as a matter of fact just discover ( im really ignorant on the subject) that when you arm the track and within it you select the midi device then the sound comes trough the zedi to monitors!! Wish my knowledge in ableton was better but i have trouble even when the version is the Lite. I’ve been playing drums since the 90ths but very reluctant to investigate the wonders of recording tech, remember my first device was a Tascam portastudio of 4 tracks to a cassette tape!! jaja but now is another digital universe! Thank you, and wish that if i get stuck again someone kind would help again.😊

Back