A heads up...

marknrox said:
PhilGood, That intro is fantastic! Ol' Dave just dropped right in to place like he's been doing radio for years!

Who Is the other co-host an old friend? Drummer?

I love the levity. It moves well. Reminds me of NPR's CarTalk.
Bravo guys, BRAVO!!

Please get the rest of this together! ASAP!!

The other voice is my friend Robert Dixon, who's a drummer from the 60's/70's who really knows his stuff. He's also a producer who's done countless productions. Our most recent endeavor was the Hollywood Reporter 75th anniversary party. We are doing this in our spare time, but hoping to make it a regular gig in addition to all the other projects we have going on. Its alot of fun.

Dave really dug doing this interview, as most of the others will. It gives him a chance to really talk in a manner that is unlike instructional videos or magazine interviews. They can respond to a direct audience as opposed to talking only about certain shows or projects without directly talking to drummers. Most drum guru's love when they can connect with other drummers and really get down to the nuts and bolts of all the things drummers love to talk about. I hope you guys will be forthright in asking questions in upcomming interviews. You are the audience they are hoping to reach.

We really are a brotherhood. Most other musicians don't seem to connect in a way that drummers do. We love sharing info and don't always compete for the attention that other instruments command. Its what makes us special!

I get a serious kick out of every pro I meet when I get to understand their personality. They are more like the average Joe than the prima-donna's they have to perform with.

I hope this continues as planned. Your input will be a driving force in its success.

PhilGood said:
The other voice is my friend Robert Dixon, who's a drummer from the 60's/70's who really knows his stuff. He's also a producer who's done countless productions. Our most recent endeavor was the Hollywood Reporter 75th anniversary party. We are doing this in our spare time, but hoping to make it a regular gig in addition to all the other projects we have going on. Its alot of fun.

Dave really dug doing this interview, as most of the others will. It gives him a chance to really talk in a manner that is unlike instructional videos or magazine interviews. They can respond to a direct audience as opposed to talking only about certain shows or projects without directly talking to drummers. Most drum guru's love when they can connect with other drummers and really get down to the nuts and bolts of all the things drummers love to talk about. I hope you guys will be forthright in asking questions in upcomming interviews. You are the audience they are hoping to reach.

We really are a brotherhood. Most other musicians don't seem to connect in a way that drummers do. We love sharing info and don't always compete for the attention that other instruments command. Its what makes us special!

I get a serious kick out of every pro I meet when I get to understand their personality. They are more like the average Joe than the prima-donna's they have to perform with.

I hope this continues as planned. Your input will be a driving force in its success.

PHIL YOUR A REAL INSPIRATION TO THIS SITE !!!!!!
keep it up.

I hope I've earned enough brownie points to ask NEIL PEART a question. :D
"What was his insight on HEMISPHERES????"

I LOVE THAT ALBULM!!! :p

bd

We're almost up. Finally got thr RSS feed to work. Still have some minor edits to make. Simon Phillips is scheduled for tuesday the 14th. Gregg Bisonnette is taking with us about the 3rd interview.

Much to do, but it will be up this week with the Dave Weckl interview. 4 parts.

Hang in here!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!! I know!!! :D :D :D

Yes, we are almost there! We've had some delays. Gregg Bisonnette keeps re-scheduling (Just left for Italy) and Simon Phillips is on tour with Toto. Dave Weckl just left for Japan, but his shows are already done.

The website will be:

http://www.drumcastonline.com/

On a side note, I got some surprise emails from both Dave and Simon for my 40th birthday. It was a cool thing to get!! :cool:

My wife got me a Les Paul, but somehow it's just not the same level.

Happy Birthday!

Well at least you haven't scrapped the idea yet! :D

Happy Birthday Phil, sounds like you had a good one!

Tell Dave my 40th birthday is January 12th. Sounds like a good time for a southern show! Ha ha ha

tilinmyowngrave said:
Happy birthday! You play guitar too?

Drums, guitar, bass, some keys, some harmonica, french horn (9 years), trumpet, baritone, and I can sing!!

To bad my career didn't go anywhere... :D :D :D

marknrox said:
Well at least you haven't scrapped the idea yet! :D

Happy Birthday Phil, sounds like you had a good one!

Tell Dave my 40th birthday is January 12th. Sounds like a good time for a southern show! Ha ha ha

I will tell Dave next time I see him! Should be in the next month or so. Hoping to have a BBQ! Of course I need to know your full name if you want to PM me. Maybe I can get him to post a greeting on his website.

Back