A couple of songs mid-mix stage...

photoresistor

hey guys,

ive been around for awhile now but havent posted anything new in this section for awhile so i thought id point you to my band's myspace page where we just put up a couple of songs that are i dunno 80-90% mixed or so? I still have a lot of work on them but itd be nice to get some feedback from you guys.

here's the page: www.myspace.com/atvl

im not too worried about little details too much (if they're there i prolly just havent gotten around to them yet)--more of the overall feeling... how everything sits together, where everything is in the mix, etc. that has been the hardest part for me. oh yeah, and the bass on the songs are going to be redone. some of our favorite/influential bands are on the myspace page for style reference...

ok thanks guys.

ok ..THE FARTHER THE FASTER

i really like the feel of this music ...great guitar work ..there is something wrong with the "shimmeringness" of the cymbals ..im not sure if thats the mp3 or themix ???..it sounds really washed out ..the snare could use a little more depth too ..actually all the drums sound like they are real mid heavy (on purpose?).

again , i actually really like this song ..REALLY like the bridge section ..
..yeah man ..its the drums ...right after they drop out and come back in with that roll ..they SHOULD EXPLODE!!

whoa ..thought it was over..lol...awesome !
and im also a BIG fan of doubling lead chorus section vocals ..have you tried that ??...

WITH ALL THAT SAID ..this is a kick ass song

hey thanks for the listen and feedback, its much appreciated! I'm betting any shimmery-ness on the cymbals is from the mp3 but ill check...

havent tried doubling the vox but i might try that. like i said the song isnt even all recorded yet, still have background vocals and a few other small parts to lay down.

thanks again for the thoughts. did you happen to listen to the other song as well? im wondering if the drums sound the same to you on this one as well (im not sure why they would sound mid-range-ish).

anyone else have some cents?

anyone else..??

would it help if i put mp3 files directly on here? im not home for another few days but if that would help i could try and do that...

Back