A couple of new tunes

Myx62

Well I've been away for a while. Getting back with my Bipolar wife has taken a lot of my time up. I have a couple of tunes I've recently did that turned out good and show a dramatic improvement on my vocals. I've been experimenting a lot with my mixes lately and havent done many new songs. I got a bunch of new toys also like the antares mic simulator and wavelab.
The newer songs are Dark Soul and Livin in the rain... Check em out. It will probably be a while before I do any new songs.
Myx http://dreamstorm.iuma.com

I don't mean this as a dis.

Maybe get a trusted friend to do the main vox and you could fill it in with back-ups:) .It's not awful,Just taking away from the great guitar sound you got and the tune itself.There's lots of people in the forum you could recruit...just a suggestion,Not a FLAME.

dark soul..

man again really great guitar work!!
im listening pretty quite right now ...baby asleep
this is again a way better job on vox from your first post..
is this doubled or is that an effect?..if its an effect a bit less would jelp alot ..thats what i learned on everything from guitar effects to vocals less is ALWAYS better!!!..and if you program these drums how long must that take??!?!?!..is it one of those deals where you use your fingers on pads or something??.

WISC: Im mainly a guitarist/songwriter. Ive been singin since about april of this year so any improvement is big news to me considering I couldnt sing to save my life in the past. I will probably get a real singer eventually...

Jamel: The drum machine is still a pain to program and I do add stuff with fingers in real time. I look forward to some real drumming. Ive played some drums in the past and wasnt that bad...lookin for a set.
The vocals are doubled and I use a lot less effects now. Mostly at key points with some delay. A little delay straight off my mackie mixer . I try to keep one track of vocals dry now and add a little chorus to the other.
Thanks for the listen

just my opinion

I agree with JamalB. and WISK; you're a good guitar player but a bad singer - that means you have no technique at all, but I'm sure that you have a good voice!
You could learn to control your voice with some voice-exercises
- something like playing single notes(on guitar or piano) and singing(the same notes) together and recording it. Just try to keep the note you're singing(that' why you should play and sing slow) and avoid bending the voice when you change the note. A few recordings will be enough for u to see where u have to start working on.

good luck!

Groove: Its not that Im a bad singer, Im not a singer at all. Im a guitar player. I think at least I can do a good job of faking it when I sing..... Thanks for the listen
Myx

Back