85-16 Hub Adapters for MS-16?

Ignatius-

Hey again everybody. One of the reel hold-downs/hub adapters on the MS-16 I just picked up is close to breaking (it works for transport, but it is pretty loose). Does anyone know if the metal hub adapters for the 85-16 will work with the MS-16? The manual for the MS-16 says the optional upgraded model is the TZ-65. Is this the same as what comes on the 85-16? There is an ebay listing where someon is selling the hub adapters for the 85-16 and I was wondering if I should check it out.

Thanks!

they should work, but you can also repair them using a regular tascam 1/4" hub. disassemble it and the top is the same part that usually breaks, so you can buy a cheaper one for 1/4" tape and replace just the top in your 1"1 hub.

Cool tip on the use of the standard 1/4" adapters!

Yes those 85-16 adapters should also work. I believe they are the same as the optional adapters for the MS-16 as well as the standard adapters fitted to the ATR60-16.

i also adapted hubs from the MSR24 to use in one of my MS16s. I had to go to a local machine shop to shave them with a lathe and make them fit. However those MSR24 hubs are also very hard to find, but if you find them they will be cheaper. I think i have a thread somewhere on the adaptation that i did. Right now i have an extra plastic set for 1". The metal ones are definitely much better, but if you want a low cost solution fix the plastic ones by buying a 1/4" one that you can get for ~$25-30

Thanks for the replies! I did see your thread about fixing it using other Tascam adapters, but I saw a pair of 85-16 hubs on ebay and thought I would make sure. I'll have to weigh my options and see what happens.

Back