80s Hair Metal Jam (Dokken, Hardline, ect.)

Damn dude, this is pretty good. Very 80's rock. I love the low, chugging bass line during the verses. And the guitar riff is the same as Michael Jacksons "Black or White". Lol. :D

It could be longer though. That's an awfully short song for an 80's hair-metal tribute. Pretty damn good though. Great job.

It could be longer though. That's an awfully short song for an 80's hair-metal tribute. Pretty damn good though. Great job.

Ha, Thanks!

Actually The song kept evolving. I first laid down the riff just so I could hear what it sounded like, then I kinda figured out a Chorus to it, then I played it a few more times, then added bass, then drums, then I threw down some cheesy lyrics over top of the whole thing.... So at the start, it wasn't a song at all......

Can you sing an octave or two higher? That'd probably be more accurate to the hair metal idea. :D

Good recording. It sounded a lot like (and I mean this as a compliment; I like the band) Van Hagar.

Hey man, I really enjoyed this!
Really good recording too, although I felt the drums lagging a split-second behind at times, but that's just me. Really good song and damn good voice! 18 years old?????? Damn, now that makes me feel old!
Keep it up!
Cheers
Joe :D

Put a nice George Lynch type solo in there and I'd be in hair metal heaven. Vocals are awesome, great voice. Finish it off.

Thanks a lot for all the great feedback!!

Also, the drums lagged because I tracked the Guitars first..... I originally was only going to just record the riff, but twist and turn, it became a half of a song.....

Yeah it's got an 80's hair metal vibe. The verbs on everything are spot on. Good performances.

Only two nits....

The lead vocals need to come up a db or two. They're just slightly covered.

I also think the mix needs just a little more low end. I think it could use a little more power from the bass and kick. And I'm not as sure about this, but the guitars might need slightly more low end as well. Alternatively, you might want to notch out a bit on the guitars around 5K-6K. They're a little bright.

Thats a cool sounding 80's style going there. As others have said, it sort of reminds me more of a van halen style song. You have to go much much cheasier to get to the levels of Poison or Mr. Big. Good recording though.

You definitely nailed the 80's hair metal vibe. That little lead line in beginning especially. Pretty cool tune. Only thing you might do is bring down the guitar just a bit. Not too much or it won't have that authentic 80's guitar driven feel to it, though.

A.

Definetly has a White Lion/Ratt sound to it...sounds really great, would be cool with a crazy tapping tremalo bar solo in there somewere ;)..That was really cool...I miss those dayz!

Back