$6,000,000 Guitar!

Youre right.... Brownie sold for $959,500 in 2002 and the most expensive instrument ever sold is Stradivarius violin that can topped 2 million at a christies auction.

Guess this gives me hope for my weekly garage sale searches!!!! :)

It's pretty widely accepted that RJ recorded everything with a Stella - the Gibson was just borrowed for the photo. Maybe RJ actually kept the Gibson but I don't think it was ever committed to wax. This guy is a jackass.

I'm really curios to see what Lucille goes for one of these days... I know BB can't have too many years left... Last time I saw him in concert (I think it was 2003), he had to be wheelcharied to the stage and helped by two people into his chair. Then they strapped his guitar on for him... it was kind of sad almost, but he still plays bad ass and with his own finesse.

Milnoque said:
I believe Brownie went for $497,000. I don't think anyone has yet paid $1m for any guitar. Even with provenance that guitar wouldn't approach that value.

Peter Green's/Gary Moore's Les Paul is rumoured to have been bought by Maverick Music for well over a million sterling (it's valued at around 2.3 million dollars according to Maverick), but they won't say exactly how much they paid for it.

Flamin Lip said:
OK this seller is a real piece of work.... went to his website(below) and he has all sorts of stuff that I wouldnt fuck with a stolen dick! For instance, he is selling the Double Fantasy album that John Lennon signed for Mark David Chapman before he killed him(ICK!), and he has a book signed from Hitler to Eva braun(gross!!!!!).

Check it out!

http://www.momentsintime.com/

Didn't know Satan was in the Autograph buisness.

god damn I hate our society. obsessed with celebrety. I love Robert Johnson's music, there's a distinctive dark brooding vibe about every note that haunts me, and his wailing voice was full of something that is almost supernatural sounding. BUT FUCK! he's just some poor dude from the south who played guitar and died of a drug overdose. Why is the damn guitar worth 6 mill? instead of wasting money on that, people should use their millions to help people in need... but ... uhh I gotta have the robert johnson guitar. So I can one up my billionaire neighbor's gold plated penis pump, and his wife''s diamon encrusted dildo.

Istead of spending 6 mill on the guitar...... a true philanthripist/saint should by a RJ box set for every kid that thinks Zepelin, SRV, Clapton invented the blues! Would be a great gift to society! :)

Robert Johnson rules, even if I can't listen to the box set more that once a year. $6 million for a guitar? Any guitar, no matter what, should not sell for that much. I'm perfectly happy with my $1,400 Ovation, thanks.

Flamin Lip said:
Istead of spending 6 mill on the guitar...... a true philanthripist/saint should by a RJ box set for every kid that thinks Zepelin, SRV, Clapton invented the blues! Would be a great gift to society! :)

but...but...I thought the blues was about white guys from england singing about doing drugs and freeing your mind!...isn't that what the blues is all about? ;)

How much do you think they could fetch for a pint of his sweat, or maybe a turd that was found in his dressing room toilet before a gig... Maybe we could exhume his body and sell splinters from his coffin for a ton of money! You could take his skeleton and put it in a jar and sell that too... that would be a hell of a conversation piece for the next cocktail party, of the truely distinguished billionaire blues connisuer. We're talking big business here people!

Back