388 stereo output problem

tsqair

this is the 2nd. 388 i owned that developed this problem : the 1st one is now a parts machine. i bought the 2nd. one 6 months ago ; the machine had little evidence of use;i finally got around to using it and after 10 hours the same f'..ning problem as the 1st. one!.. which is"...... when the selector switch ( for stereo / aux / eff ) is in stereo mode only the left meter registers ;the right meter moves slighty ; also....( only a distorted and much lower sound level comes out of the right side). now... if i push the mono switch down, both VU meters are pushing out a healthy output level and... no distortion .so theres something going on with the power supply? any ideas?
tommy:

now im reaaly pissed

hey herm,
this is the stuff that drives me absolutley crazy! I went up to check what you told me to check. and now.... the f' ning thing is running perfect (nice fat stereo sound) i'm pretty sure that when its not running correctly ,if the pots for the pan are straight up the problem still exists. i know i still have a problem with this . because it was the same thing with the other unit ( which i bought in 1989) and used up until 2000. the problem was intermittant at first' then progressivly got worse. please guys who':cool:s got something? thanks - tommy

I am not familiar with the 388. Does it have a "normalled" send/receive jack for the stereo out? If so, try burnishing the contacts with a TRS plug. Do this with the power off. I have to do this from time to time on my 2600 console to get crud off the contacts. For the record: I hate this type of send/receive connection. The individual jumpered type saves a lot of grief.

Back