GuitarRock04

Does anyone have a schematic for this bad boy?

I found a link elsewhere on the net, but it was no good.

Any help is appreciated.

I just got one of these, too. We had one at work - sitting in a closet. The owner said he hates it and please take it away, lol. It needs a power supply - I'll pick one up tomorrow at Radio Shack. Gonna look into modding it...

There's a few different mods I've read about. One involves only breaking one connection....can't remember the details. I'll post more tomorrow. Which mod were you thinking about doing?

Be careful what you pick up from radio shack, the Alesis requires an AC adaptor, not the common dc.

Open her up and take a look at which version you have. Mine is a rev D, which has some of the mods I've found elsewhere already in place from the factory.

Check out this thread:
http://www.prodigy-pro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103644#103644

There's quite a bit to sort through, but I have sent for parts to perform a combination of the mods in the first post, with the power supply posted later in the thread. Total cost was about $40 from Mouser. That plus an ac adaptor (which can be gotten from Mouser as well) would still be a heck of a deal for you on a decent compressor.

The clipping of leads mod involves simply removing the noisegates from the circuit. I wouldn't recommend this, I feel that they would still be useful, and the mod thread i've given will tell you how to improve the unit without loosing them.

The description in the thread above is pretty vague, and it took me a bit to actually decipher what it was I needed to do, so if you have any questions, I'll do what I can to help...

Last edited:
Yea, I went to Retard Shack yesterday, and they kept trying to sell me an AC-DC adapter. They were talking to me like I was stupid, too. I told them that I need a 9 Volt AC adapter - NOT a DC converter - and they were all rolling their eyes. Fucking retards.

Anyway, they didn't have one. Guess I'll have to order one from Alesis. It'll probably cost more than another 3630, lol.

Try mouser. Or ebay a nintendo power supply. I don't remember what game system it was intended for, but they made at least one that was 9VAC 1.3A. There was one on ebay the other day for $10 or so.

Yea, I went to Retard Shack yesterday, and they kept trying to sell me an AC-DC adapter. They were talking to me like I was stupid, too. I told them that I need a 9 Volt AC adapter - NOT a DC converter - and they were all rolling their eyes. Fucking retards.

Anyway, they didn't have one. Guess I'll have to order one from Alesis. It'll probably cost more than another 3630, lol.

Radio Shack: If you've got questions, they don't have a clue.

Well, I've been looking here and there for the power supply for this thing. I even contacted Alesis (by email and phone). Today I just went and bought the one from Radio Shack (the one they SWORE didn't exist...damn idiots). It has a fixed ending that doesn't fit into the 3630, so I clipped off the ending that came on it, and got Radio Shack's adaptaplug N (or whatever they call those things) and soldered it to the exposed wire - it works fine now at both 9V and 10.2V...so I just set it to 10.2, since the one that comes with it is 10V - even though it says 9V right by the power jack on the back of it....

Anyway, I'm ready to mod this thing, now...

GuitarRock04 - I followed that link you posted, but you have to register to view the page - which I did - but now I have to wait for the admin to approve me :rolleyes:....can you copy/paste the good parts here?

Back