34b what mixer???

MartyMcFly

Hi Ho Silver...
I just picked up a mint condition Tascam 34b on Ebay for about $160.00. Thing is I look at the back and notice that I can just plug into the coresponding channel and record to that channel. But it ALSO has 4 ins and 4 outs. Just like my 38-8. My main question is about them. Do I use a mixer? if so what kind. Im giving it to my dad as a present and he doesnt have a mixer but wouldnt mind being able to listen to everything thru monitors...So what up?

Is there some otherway I could get it set up for him? I dont really feel like getting a mixer for him too.
My father is fine with using headphones most of the time to monitor what he is doing. But he would like to be able to occasionally hear thru monitors.
He'd even be fine with riggin each channel out to its own speaker for non-headphone listening. That is unless you would need powered monitors...

Yeah, you can record, overdub and monitor with the 34B without the use of a mixer and you can also hook it up to a receiver and speakers but to more fully realize its potential, including mixdown, you should consider the mixer advice above, from A Reel Person and Herm.

Back