3 m-audio cards

adiel

I have ended up with three m-audio cards. the m powered audiofile 2496 the delta dio the delta 66. please tell me the best way to use them in cubase sl3 from mixing to mix down.
and what is the major difference to sx3?

mo=win xp pro
msi mb amd 64 3000+ 1g ram
uad1
halion3
radium 49
oxegen
fusion 6hd
m-audio 5 monitors

I also use 3 M-Audio cards, a Delta 44, 66 and 1010. :D

I know you can use multiple delta cards together using the same M-Audio driver software. I'm not sure about how the 2496 would work. You might need to sync the cards using the spdif.

I'm not sure what you mean by "what is the best way to use them for mixing and mixdown"
It depends on how you want to mix. Are you mixing in the box, mixing with an external board or what? Using any outboard hardware?

metalhead, what kind of computer system you got running those three m-audio cards? i'm currently using a delta 1010, and been thinking of picking up a second, for more i/o.

Well i use the omni break out box which gives me 4 in. i have the dmp but it's going to the audiofile in puts. the rme soundcards have multi channels for more inputs. can i use these like that and if you can use one sound card what diffence or advantage are three at mixdown. i dont have an adat but could i send all channels out to my alesis multi12 or omni to a hard drive? or is it best to render inside the box with dithering? is it worth the digital sync spdif connections?

msi mb v8 64 amd 64 3000+ 1g ram

I thought you meant 3M audiocards, like Scotch Tape. Maybe it's a subsidiary of their audio tape unit.

danico4not said:
metalhead, what kind of computer system you got running those three m-audio cards? i'm currently using a delta 1010, and been thinking of picking up a second, for more i/o.

I've got a 2.8 GHz pentium dual core, the multiple cards work together flawlessly although I usually only use 8 to 10 inputs max. I've got all my usual stuff routed into the 1010 box which I never mess with, and the stuff that I interchange alot is plugged into the 66 or the 44 on my desktop.

I mix in the box, and I use the 66's outputs for my monitor mix, and I run the 1010's spdif out into the 66's spdif input so I can monitor the inputs in the 1010 as well.

alright i see that you use the spdif to monitor the other cards, i guess you use the monitor mixer. thanks, good looking out.

adiel said:
alright i see that you use the spdif to monitor the other cards, i guess you use the monitor mixer. thanks, good looking out.

Yes, if I remember correctly, I set the SPDIF out on my 1010 as the monitor mix, then sent that to the 66 so that I'm hearing it through the 66's monitor mix.

I rarely use the 44 for anything, but I actually have the outputs from it connncted with outputs from the 66 using Y plugs, and then into my amplifier for my monitors.

By the way, the Delta driver software has an option to "Use Multiple Card Sync". You'll need to check that.

apl said:
I thought you meant 3M audiocards, like Scotch Tape. Maybe it's a subsidiary of their audio tape unit.

Me three. I thought they had expanded their product lines.

Back