25th Anniversary of HR.com... Where's my fellow 99'ers?

Buck62

噛んでくれ
The 25th Anniversary of this site is coming up on February 11th this year.
I joined in November of 1999, and was one of the first 100 or so members. (The interwebs were still young at the time)
Just wondering who else has been here since the first year Dragon started this place?
Is Dragon still alive? I tracked his last post to Nov 25, 2008.
I see that drstawl got banned back in 2015? Wow.

Last edited:
I didn't join until 2009, missing out on all the Cave stuff. I was too busy trying to make a living and paying for the kids until that point.

I'm a 99r I have ya beat by a month.....Just a few of us left here

I just checked out the site on the wayback machine..appears it only first spidered HR. in August of 2000 but we were here doing our thing in 1999 before Two thousand zero zero parties over out of time...doomsday n all ..check out the description of the Dragon Cave and the member online for a little flash back

1705632734542.png

OH SHIT!

So sadly the dragon cave ended up requiring a password and the wayback machine could not spider the dragon Cave part of the site so all of that is lost BUT Early on I guess it didn't cause bigger than shit when I clicked on teh cave link ot took me to the Dragon Cave landing page.....Check out the names...sadly none of the topics were actually spidered but how cool to see inside the cave 24 years back lots of names I have not seen in a loooooong ass time.

1705633082934.png

Back when storage was a thing...too funny he had to archive the Cave within a year of it's inception...Funny thing is Dragon did not like that the cave was the most popular landing place on HR.Com...The Cave is what in the end made this site desirable to buy / sell..Guess he did pretty good on the sale... As far as spidering looks like he changed it to the secret place sometime in 2001 where you had to be a logged in member to even see that it existed...thus no spiders of the Cave topics after that...I've checked this out many times but don't remember ever finding what I found today...pretty cool...

1705633891536.png

FWIW I googled Fiedler and he still has his site up and internic says it's paid up to 3-24 so hopefully David "dragon" Fiedler is alive n kicking..If not for him this site and the long time friends we have made here would not have ever been...Good on him!

Been there, done that. I changed my handle in 2000 and then got booted around?,After a few years changed it again, came back in? Here I ams.

March 2001 right after I started recording again. I had just purchased a Digi 001 so spent a lot of time on the Protools forum until I found this site.

July 2000 for me.

Came for help on using Cakewalk recording software, and actually got it! Ended up staying for The Cave. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
For certain the Cave was the main reason I came here for years. I've made some good long time friends here. That said I have learned a ton of stuff about recording and computers from folks here. Been turned onto music and musicians I probably never would have been aware of. From my first visit to today for certain, people and crazy deep conversations and arguments have broadened my world view and thoughts therein. This crazy place provides a wide array of whack musician types like myself and we most all see things a bit differently. Been some awkward times, some sad times, some hilarious times and very cool times. Appreciate that Dragon was inspired to create this place and that Audiofanzine has kept it going for as long as it has....Lastly a big shout out to the Mods that have had to babysit the place and do so generously for free. Been a fun ride.

I was a spry 37 years old when I joined here. Now I'm 61 and retiring with back issues.
It's crazy how fast time is passing now that I'm getting older. I've been to 25 states and plan to see the rest now that I'm retiring in 3 weeks.
A JamFest would certainly be on my list if it's still going.

May 2002 for me. Nice to see some folks from back then still kicking.
Congrats on the retirement Frank. A jamfest would be nice.

Reactions: TAE
I was a spry 37 years old when I joined here. Now I'm 61 and retiring with back issues.
It's crazy how fast time is passing now that I'm getting older. I've been to 25 states and plan to see the rest now that I'm retiring in 3 weeks.
A JamFest would certainly be on my list if it's still going.
What's up my friend. No retirement for me. I got an arrangement with the company and the funeral home. I'll park the truck there on the day of the funeral and my boss will pick it up but I have to work thru lunch.

Back