20 Punk Bands in One Song

In fact, having now listened to it through - its very beginnerish - but I suppose its a good intro to a few different styles of guitar playing if thats your thing and it introduced me to Die Toten Hosen who I'd not heard before.

I would show it to a senior citizen as a talking point. Interesting idea though.
There was a good one a while ago called 30 shredders in one solo. Was generally pretty hideous but it was a good tutorial for learning some interesting licks. It was really difficult in places too.

Its very basic and "nice" sounding isn't it?

Are you really old then Bubba? I was gonna offer to buy you a pint next time I'm up north - maybe I'll take you to a tea-room instead.

Are you really old then Bubba? I was gonna offer to buy you a pint next time I'm up north - maybe I'll take you to a tea-room instead.

LOL, I'm 53, but I could still manage an alcoholic beverage, I think. :D

I thought about you the other day. I was thinking about that interchange we had recently where Welsh words and their "Welshness" was discussed. Ambwlance, Tacsi and other words were brought up; I have since happened upon the word "popty-ping". What do you have to say about THAT abomination? :D

LOL, I'm 53, but I could still manage an alcoholic beverage, I think. :D

I thought about you the other day. I was thinking about that interchange we had recently where Welsh words and their "Welshness" was discussed. Ambwlance, Tacsi and other words were brought up; I have since happened upon the word "popty-ping". What do you have to say about THAT abomination? :D
Popty-ping is awesome, 'cos its quite a cool fun one, its one that predominantly english speakers use lots too.

Yes, very. Because he's lazy halfassing his way through some simple chord progressions that aren't about the tabs or scales at all. Punk music is the sum of it's parts. No one I know listens to punk music for the drumming, or the riffs, or the bass lines, etc. You listen to the songs. If you want to focus on individual performances at the expense of everything else, go listen go spandex buttrock or metal. There are many genres of really sucky music played by great players. Punk's not like that.

I don't like the NYD that much, I do like Television though.

I like Television for about 5 minutes and then I'm asleep.

The NY Dolls are fun though. They made two albums and I'm just fine with listening to them over and over for the 5 billionth time.

I like Television for about 5 minutes and then I'm asleep.

The NY Dolls are fun though. They made two albums and I'm just fine with listening to them over and over for the 5 billionth time.

I listened to the 2nd one this morning 'cos I wanted something more fun to listen to rather than the usual stuff I listen to. It started annoying me though so I put Marquee Moon on instead.

I listened to the 2nd one this morning 'cos I wanted something more fun to listen to rather than the usual stuff I listen to. It started annoying me though so I put Marquee Moon on instead.

Try LAMF. American punk rock and roll.

Back