2 headphone output interface?

tomowen10

what’s the best audio interface under $200 that comes with 2 headphone outputs? And why do so many only come with 1? 😭

what’s the best audio interface under $200 that comes with 2 headphone outputs? And why do so many only come with 1? 😭
Does such a thing exist? Under $200? I'm familiar with Focusrite (8i6) and Steinberg (UR44C) models but they are over $300.
Just get a separate headphone amp.

I suspect the reasons are 1) cost - under $200 is very much a cost-driven place; and 2) those interfaces usually have only 1 or 2 mic preamps, so who is going to be using the 2nd set of headphones, anyway? Behringer doesn't even include them with their UMC404HD, which has 4 mic pres; but, then, they have headphone amplifiers they'd be happy to sell you...

I always liked the 2 headphone outputs on my old Saffire (4 mic pres) and also thought they made sense when I was recording with someone. Until I got a separate headphone amp (cheap Behri). Now, I have 2 headphone outputs on my UR44C that I practically never use.

The Audient ID44 has two headphone 'outs'. $200 :LOL:. More like$550-$600.

You can of course buy a headphone amp which usually come with extra headphone sockets. So then you one headphone socket from your interface becomes 2-3-4? But then one of these may cost $50 or more and they may require another power source etc.

Last edited:
Back