2 dutch guys visiting Los Angeles

Stayf

Hi everybody,

My name is Stefan and I work together with my friend Sasha on Pop-music.
We form a songwriting / production duo (pop music) and we're based in The Netherlands Europe.
At this point in our career we want to take our written and produced music to a place where a lot of big pop-music is being made; Los Angeles USA. We have planned our trip for mid/end of October and we're planning to stay for 2 weeks.

As we are new to the music industry in USA, we thought it might be a good idea to ask other musicians/producers/songwriters/engineers for some tips on getting to know more people in the US-music business, this time LA in particular. We are very eager to learn and excited to meet new people.

We know it's not going to be a trip that gets us signed right away or anything ;) , we understand that takes a lot (!) more work. We just want to get to know LA a bit better and we hope to meet some interesting people who share some of the same passion(s) we have; pop music.

So this is just a call to anyone who has some tips and someone here knows some people we should meet. You never know.

3 things:

1) Enjoy your trip and see as much as you can. SoCal is a lot of fun.
2) Go with the expectation of NOT making any music connections. Find a songwriting group in the area. Check out THIS PLACE for groups. That is probably your best bet for learning how to make songwriting contacts.
3) Stay away from In-n-Out burger. They are highly over-rated and you'll waste your money. I went to one in Fullerton a few weeks ago and it was horrible.

Thank you for the tips!

1) We're also going to see a lot of stuff indeed.. :)
2) I'm checking what the Just Plain Folks website at this moment.. Thanx! We understand that it would be wise not to have high hopes, when it comes to making connections, but we also understand that a lot of people are working in the entertainment business in LA. By doing some proper preparation we hope to find out what the best ways are to find these entertainment business people. :) We still have time to send people some links to our music and talk to them, before actually visiting LA.
3) We'll make sure NOT to visit In-n-Out burger. Thanx ;) We're looking to find some nice Sushi-restaurants. :P

Back