1000 scars

I like this track a lot! Vocals sound great, beat is awesome. Really cool sounding melodies. What did you use to make the music?
Hi Sabotage Mac
I have loads of songs in this & similar styles some on this forum like "nothing to lose" maybe u would like to comment on it ?
I do everything in Cubase 11 Pro personally i find it the best DAW

subvibe

Hi Sabotage Mac
I have loads of songs in this & similar styles
They are in similar ranges, so you are targeting specific levels for every song. What track/main levels do you find work out the best?
maybe u would like to comment on it ?
Maybe you want to say what you're doing? There is nothing i can identify to make it like your render, from a raw drum machine track.

Ok
i set all the Tracks to -12db this would include the Audio output from the Midi Tracks ie Electric Piano , Pads etc
i do gain Staging with the Vocals using Cubase 11 Tube Compressor & a Standard Compressor Dom Sigalas has a
excellent tutorial on You Tube & can explain it far better than i can
my structure is very basic to start with , a simple drum groove almost always Midi , same with the pads & Bass
once i have the Chord Track & vocals sitting well Then i start changing each part to get chilled type feel
Spire is a great VST to get some flowing Pads or movement , in my experience its very easy to add too much
so i always try to remember less is more sometime . i also have a tendency to have the bass too deep so i am
taking care to try to filter out some of the low end
My style seems to be this chill ambient lounge RnB, I do this for Fun & relaxation from my stressful work
so my form of chilling out

subvibe

Ok
i set all the Tracks to -12db this would include the Audio output from the Midi Tracks ie Electric Piano , Pads etc
i do gain Staging with the Vocals using Cubase 11 Tube Compressor & a Standard Compressor Dom Sigalas has a
excellent tutorial on You Tube & can explain it far better than i can
my structure is very basic to start with , a simple drum groove almost always Midi , same with the pads & Bass
once i have the Chord Track & vocals sitting well Then i start changing each part to get chilled type feel
Spire is a great VST to get some flowing Pads or movement , in my experience its very easy to add too much
so i always try to remember less is more sometime . i also have a tendency to have the bass too deep so i am
taking care to try to filter out some of the low end
My style seems to be this chill ambient lounge RnB, I do this for Fun & relaxation from my stressful work
Hi
another Chill Out style song i have just done

1000 scars

View attachment 113905

Thanks for taking the time to listen

subvibe
Nice tune who made that beat?

Ok
i set all the Tracks to -12db this would include the Audio output from the Midi Tracks
The projects play well on my devices. You attribute that to the gain staging? or is there a clipper to limiter balance thing happening during mastering/rendering?

subvibe
It works. Seems like less is more.

If I may post an example.

For comparison as a general starting point. You have come a long way from that stock sound and it is impressively even on devices.. My samples, or actually..AKAI's 'vault' samples(as whole triggered phrases) straight in no FX. Rendered at the highest volume so it doesn't clip. The renders are always boomy when I try to monitor the sub's.

You think bringing it down to -12db would help? create headroom for the mix? Dial the gain back in with a clipper/limiter at mastering..
The drums in your song are...bumpy..bouncy ...perhaps organic even..

Last edited:
Hi LazerBeakShiek

That's a good question Basically i export the Audio from Cubase 11 as a PreMix at around -7 or min 8 Db
that premix i put back into Cubase 11 as a stereo track & then i try different Mastering FX like Ozone
almost until its just under clipping then i compress slightly to try to get 14 Lufs for streaming
Not sure if its the Pro way to do things but its sounds quite clear & defined in my non trained Ears

subvibe

Hi LazerBeakShiek

That's a good question Basically i export the Audio from Cubase 11 as a PreMix at around -7 or min 8 Db
that premix i put back into Cubase 11 as a stereo track & then i try different Mastering FX like Ozone
almost until its just under clipping then i compress slightly to try to get 14 Lufs for streaming
Not sure if its the Pro way to do things but its sounds quite clear & defined in my non trained Ears

subvibe
Hey do you have a WhatsApp number I'd like to discuss a business with u

Back