Rest in Peace Tom (fmmahoganyrush) Neville

Treeline

Sad news about one of the Jamfest greats of all time. Tom Neville has died at his apartment in New Hampshire. We have no further details, although I expect they will come out in the next few days.

Tom and Kathy were gracious hosts for a number of years early in Jamfest history at their home near Hartford Ct. They subsequently parted and Tom was living in Florida. His life became increasingly chaotic and, I believe, losing his home in Hurricane Irene was a rough blow.

We were encouraged when Tom moved back to the Northeast this past summer, and he even made it to the August 2018 Jamfest in Cornwall Vt., hosted by Dan and Becca Wittemore. We have lost a talented, kind and generous member of the Jamfest family.

Glenn Howland
(Treeline)

Was a very nice surprise and now way more than that when Tom showed up at the VT fest in Vermont. I was so looking forward to seeing him again at the next one.... Gonna miss that guy, was a real piece of Jamfest history and made it not just a gathering, but an event to be remembered.... changed lives along the Jamfest path and made it a memory none of us will ever forget..
Thanks Tom, and may you rest in peace my brother.
Steve

This hit me a bit harder than I would have expected. Thanks for sharing. Where in NH? I know he had a place at Hampton Beach. Totally lost touch with Tom after CT.

.....& we were JUST jammin' & hangin' with him 6 months ago @ the VT Jamfest last August.....!!!:facepalm:...truly SAD!!!

I had his residence wrong. Apparently Tom was in Ct. Here's the obit.

Thomas Neville
1963 - 2019
Thomas R. Neville, 55, of East Windsor, passed away February 12, 2019, after a long illness. Born October 16, 1963 in Manchester, CT, he was the beloved son of Janet (Guild) Neville and the late James E. Neville. Tom was a graduate of East Windsor High School and Eastern Connecticut State University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Earth Sciences. He worked many years in the field of Environmental Science. Tom was a talented musician who sang and played guitar throughout New England, especially on Cape Cod, in Boston and in numerous Vermont ski towns. His musical performances at happy hours, in Irish pubs and at his yearly JamFest are legendary and fondly remembered by many. Tom was a jack-of-all-trades and could fix most anything. He was always eager to lend a helping hand to family, friends and strangers alike. His many talents, beautiful smile and great big heart will be forever missed. In addition to his mother, he is survived by his treasured daughter, Katelyn, and his former wife, Kathryn Neville of Andover, his siblings and their spouses, Stephen and Nancy Neville of Marion, MA, Sandra and Neil Ambrose of Glastonbury and Elizabeth and Eric Blecker of Cromwell, his uncle and aunt, Robert and Jane Guild of Wall Township, NJ, many nieces, nephews, cousins and numerous friends. In addition to his father, Tom was predeceased by his aunt and uncle, Joan (Guild) and Larry Lord, his uncle, Peter Neville, and his grandparents, Harold and Victoria Guild and Edward and Sophie Neville. In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions be made to the Katelyn Neville Education Fund c/o Windsor Federal Savings, Attention: Customer Service Department, 250 Broad Street, Windsor, CT 06095. Samsel & Carmon Funeral Home, South Windsor is handling the arrangements. Services will be private. Please visit Greater Hartford Funeral Homes and Cremation | Carmon Funeral Homes for online condolences.
Published in The Hartford Courant on Feb. 18, 2019

I find it difficult to read that Tom passed away. I also had no idea that he lived only 10 miles away from me. Tom defined Jamfest!

What to say, while in shock of this horrible news... End of the year, decided to check in, it's been longer than I thought. I still think of him at his place, where he hosted Jamfest so many times, like it's eternal. Lots of thoughts now.

Back