Page 1389 of 1389 FirstFirst ... 389 889 1289 1339 1379 1387 1388 1389
Results 13,881 to 13,885 of 13885

Thread: DAW Users With ADD

  1. #13881
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Covina in So Cali
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,731
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 241 Times in 206 Posts
    Rep Power
    21464858
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by dachay2tnr View Post
    Come to NJ where they bone you on property taxes, sales taxes AND income taxes. (Not to mention bridges, tunnels and toll roads)

    NJ and their "toll Roads" I am sure they have paid an engineer to purposely make the road signage screwed up so that you miss your exit or off ramp and have to go an extra 5 miles to turn around and pay a toll or two in the process.
    Pretty sure every time I have driven there I have been burned ...course it's been a few years and I wasn't using google maps then...maybe now I can cruise through without the double penalty...

  2. #13882
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Covina in So Cali
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,731
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 241 Times in 206 Posts
    Rep Power
    21464858
    Quote Originally Posted by dachay2tnr View Post
    I think my concert days are over. The last few “concerts” I attended were on Blu-ray DVDs. Cheaper and better seats.
    The wife and I got free tickets to Coachella a few years back...some big ass 3 day festival out in the middle of the desert here in Cali...Damn drove out there took forever to park...then we had to take a shuttle for miles only to have to walk through a gazillion people and there about a half mile from where we were standing was the stage and there these tiny people on it...But hey there were big ass big screens all over the place where you could watch and actually see who those little people were...OMG it's the Eagles...yeah kinda sounded like the Eagles...hmmmm? The wife says to me as we stand in this ocean of people...what are we doing here?....If I wanted to watch a concert on a big screen I"d rather do it in my living room than here in this intimate setting with a half million people... Looked at her and said damn.....lets blow this taco stand...and we left...

    So the big ass concerts no way any more...but I'm 5 years younger than you so I am still up for small venue stuff like up to maybe 500 people...The wife...not so much

  3. #13883
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    10,497
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 43 Times in 36 Posts
    Rep Power
    9012899
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    NJ and their "toll Roads" I am sure they have paid an engineer to purposely make the road signage screwed up so that you miss your exit or off ramp and have to go an extra 5 miles to turn around and pay a toll or two in the process.
    Pretty sure every time I have driven there I have been burned ...course it's been a few years and I wasn't using google maps then...maybe now I can cruise through without the double penalty...
    Lol. My ex-wife once got on the Nj Turnpike and about 20 miles later when she saw a sign for the Lincoln Tunnel she realized was going in the wrong direction. And she lives here!

  4. #13884
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    94615
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    The wife and I got free tickets to Coachella a few years back...some big ass 3 day festival out in the middle of the desert here in Cali...Damn drove out there took forever to park...then we had to take a shuttle for miles only to have to walk through a gazillion people and there about a half mile from where we were standing was the stage and there these tiny people on it...But hey there were big ass big screens all over the place where you could watch and actually see who those little people were...OMG it's the Eagles...yeah kinda sounded like the Eagles...hmmmm? The wife says to me as we stand in this ocean of people...what are we doing here?....If I wanted to watch a concert on a big screen I"d rather do it in my living room than here in this intimate setting with a half million people... Looked at her and said damn.....lets blow this taco stand...and we left...

    So the big ass concerts no way any more...but I'm 5 years younger than you so I am still up for small venue stuff like up to maybe 500 people...The wife...not so much
    I was never a concert person, probably been to less than ten in my life. Of course we have something called "Summerfest" in Milwaukee and I've seen lots of big acts there. I've come the same conclusion as you but from a different direction. I don't understand why a person doesn't want to pay a $3-$5 cover charge at a local bar to support a guy with a day job but willingly pays $8 for a warm flat beer after being herded and waiting in line forever to go see ants on a stage when they could be sitting right up front with an ice cold bottle. Of course the "concert" act is more talented, maybe even perfect, but personally I prefer the rawness of a club and like to soak up the mojo rays.

    The weather
    It's still April here, someone is behind schedule.


    LATER!!!

  5. #13885
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    10,497
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 43 Times in 36 Posts
    Rep Power
    9012899
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
    I was never a concert person, probably been to less than ten in my life. Of course we have something called "Summerfest" in Milwaukee and I've seen lots of big acts there. I've come the same conclusion as you but from a different direction. I don't understand why a person doesn't want to pay a $3-$5 cover charge at a local bar to support a guy with a day job but willingly pays $8 for a warm flat beer after being herded and waiting in line forever to go see ants on a stage when they could be sitting right up front with an ice cold bottle. Of course the "concert" act is more talented, maybe even perfect, but personally I prefer the rawness of a club and like to soak up the mojo rays.

    The weather
    It's still April here, someone is behind schedule.


    LATER!!!
    The number of bars out here with live entertainment these days is far and few between.

    Plus the ones that do have start times right about when I’m putting on my pajamas. .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. DAW users with ADD
    By acidrock in forum Prime Time
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 05:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •