The Celebrity Obituary Thread

I just pulled the website. The only reason it is still there is because I couldn't get me and my wife off of the farviewrecording.com email. So I renewed everything, but unless someone comes to me with a really interesting project, I'm retired.

I need a hobby

Looks like you have one.

---------- Update ----------

I just pulled the website. The only reason it is still there is because I couldn't get me and my wife off of the farviewrecording.com email. So I renewed everything, but unless someone comes to me with a really interesting project, I'm retired.

Sorry to hear that, unless that's what you really wanted.

Oh wow...I just saw this....bummer.

While I was never a jazz fusion guy, I did take lessons for awhile from a jazz player....but Larry Coryell was significant in a different way too me.

When I bought my very fist Hagstrom Swede back in 1975 (still have it)...Larry Coryell's name was being mentioned as a player of Hagstrom Swede guitars.
I bought the guitar before I ever heard his name...but afterward, it made me want to check out who this guy Coryell was, since everywhere I played with my Hag, people would be like..."Nice LP"...and then they would see the headstock looked different, and take a closer look and realize it wasn't an LP... :D ...and then they would ask, "What kind of guitar is that?" and/or "Never heard of those, who plays them?"...and I was able to say, "Larry Coryell"....which kinda validated the guitar's quality...'cuz when you're a young kid, you need that kind of validation for your peers. :)

Thanks for that Larry!
RIP....

Here's a poster and cover from that period showing him with the Swede.

Hagstrom79-1.jpg

7412gp.jpg

Just happened to find this 1975 clip of him playing the Swede...it shows off that early playing style the started the jazz fusion genre. He really could play.

Yup...big surprise about Paxton.
I guess he was having heart issues, needed some surgery and died post-op....bummer. :(

Back