jimmys69
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, I might need a tutorial or help setting up my US 1800. I am running Sonor X2 Producer. I am going to do some reading tonight but when I choose the appropriate inputs and out puts it's real choppy and delayed. I remember you saying I had to re configure my PC sounds cards correctly. I might need to help doing so dood.
    Just thanking you for the extra rep. That was a surprise! I really didn't thought my post would have that much of importance. Thank you jimmy :D
    Yo :cool:

just stopped by to let ya know yer outta beer.

and toilet paper.

and that I'm sorry about the mess on your bathroom curtains.
    :cool:

:D
    i shouldn't have assumed he was wrong or doubted him. he has a high rep. and i am just a youngn outsider. actually his advice will probably help me get a much rawer, less digital, more rock and roll sound. I use a DAW but i wish i didnt have to lol. oh well, just wont edit and leave everything up to the human!
    Alright. How much RAM do u have? I'm considering building a pc and dropping down to 8gb with the i5. Will that still be good or do u recommend the i7? Also, do u run a lot of background programs while recording?
    Part 2 of 2

Here's what I'm looking at. It's from hp.com

Components

• Windows 7 Home Premium [64-bit]
    • 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
    • 12GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
    • 256GB Solid State Drive
    • 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
    • Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook
    • No additional security software
    • 1GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7570 [HDMI, DVI, VGA via adapter]
    • 460W Power supply

Will that be enough for anything? Could I do a song with 60 tracks and 100 plugins without any issues if I wanted to? Would I never need to overclock? If so I could make the i7 a 3770k. Thanks man.
    Part 1 of 2

Hey man. I see you bragging about your pc sometimes and I wanted your opinion on a pc I'm looking at.

Here's a post I made here.

I've been using my laptop to record stuff. I didn't have recording in mind when I bought my laptop so it doesn't have any super specs. But lately my recordings have been murdering my laptop when I get vst and track heavy. I'm getting serious about recording and I think it's time for me to upgrade to a powerhouse desktop.

I've heard the the Intel i7 is the best route for cpus. So if I get the i7 (quad core or six core?) and probably 10gb of ram will I be good to go. What else is important. I know harddrives are supposed to be 7200 rpm and it would probably be a tb. Should I get 2 harddrives. I've heard solid state drives are great. Do I need hdd and ssd? How much ssd space is ideal? And do you recommend any good brands or websites? I was thinking HP. (no macs btw) What kind of power supply am I looking at?
    Hi Jimmy thanks for the offer i might well take you up on it yet. Can i get back to you on that. thanks Rich : )
    Yep, just check the box on right of each message, or grouped boxes, and scroll down to the bottom, to 'Selected Messages' dropdown menu. Then you can delete, or move to folder, or download to a saveable file. :)
    Hey Jimmy can you tell me if its possible to erase sent and recieved messages in my pm box and if so how
    thanks
    Rich :)
    Jimmy please help i'd like to subscribe to the HR newsletter and i am unsure how to.
    I thought i already had but thats another story
    thanks
    Rich :)
    sorry to have to tell you this but theres a newbie spammer in the midi mania section. Post about midi over 50 feet.
    Hey,

Did some edits to the last post I made if you viewed it before; asked for your opnion of the 800 (since it's the same as the 200) and if the monitor volume knob was really worth it compared to the 200.

Cheers.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back