And today's American mass shooting....

What would you do, Dave?
I'm having a hard time envisioning what would work, so I'm not so sure TBH.
That's why I want to hear what those who point to mental health as a fix are thinking would help/assist/lessen the acquisition of weapons.
I mean mental health pros are doctors, so you "could" setup some kind of database/link to authority/law enforcement that a doctor could list a problem person on.
But... that has numerous privacy issues/problems. I mean who TF is going to submit themselves to that kind of analysis/scrutiny knowing they could screw themselves out of gun ownership?
So I'll open the question to you too mate... what would you do?

It would be nice to somehow "fix" mental health issues or to find a way to keep guns out of the hands of people that have a known issue but our society in general is more violent than I ever remember in my 66 years. I'm afraid to use my car horn in fear of angering the wrong person because road rage and other ridiculous violence is happening all the time where I live. Mass shootings understandably get a lot of press but violence is running rampant.

It's obvious that you know very little about Adam Lanza or his mother.
Adam Lanza was a mentally disturbed kid, whose mother legally purchased firearms, AND took Adam to a local gun firing range for training how to handle those weapons.
I think that Adam's mother knew damn well that she couldn't control him and in spite of their wealth and affluence, she couldn't deal with her own failings as a parent.

She opted for.....death by son. IMO

It may or not be the truth of the story of Adam and his mother, but what remains is that there is that possibility.
That's been my assessment of the situation - she was seriously f'd in the head herself.

60's guy said:
I pity the dumbass bad guy who ever decides to invade my home. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to pull the trigger.

There is always a caveat to your responses. Strawmanish.
I’m talking about school shootings. Adam Lanza shot through a thick glass with his AR15. May not have gotten in with a 9mm for example, or taken long enough to get stopped by police.

Where in God’s name is there a straw man in anything I’ve said?
Jeezus - lol. You claim you're familiar with firearms then you blather utter nonsense like this. :ROFLMAO:

9mm through *10* panes of glass.

9mm through a cast iron skillet.

brassplyer said:
You keep plowing on ignoring the fact that AR-style rifles aren't a significant part of the crime picture.
They are saying that this argument is void because no one gun is a significant part of the crime scene. Valid but slightly flawed point IMO, would love to see your response to it though!
I don't think I'm following you - can you spell out what you say their valid but slightly flawed point is? I haven't seen any of the resident DemLibs make a valid point.

Jeezus - lol. You claim you're familiar with firearms then you blather utter nonsense like this. :ROFLMAO:

9mm through *10* panes of glass.

9mm through a cast iron skillet.

Choosing to make this your takeaway speaks volumes. You’ve got an obvious hard on for guns. I get it. You haven’t answered a single damn question. You don’t give a shit that kids are dying every day from this nonsense.

It's obvious that you know very little about Adam Lanza or his mother.
Adam Lanza was a mentally disturbed kid, whose mother legally purchased firearms, AND took Adam to a local gun firing range for training how to handle those weapons.
I think that Adam's mother knew damn well that she couldn't control him and in spite of their wealth and affluence, she couldn't deal with her own failings as a parent.

She opted for.....death by son. IMO

It may or not be the truth of the story of Adam and his mother, but what remains is that there is that possibility.
It’s “obvious that I know very little” about Lanza, but then your story “may or may not be the truth”. What the hell does this mean? Why do you even respond to me? All I said was that Lanza shot his way in to the school, which is objectively true. Wtf already?

Choosing to make this your takeaway speaks volumes. You’ve got an obvious hard on for guns. I get it. You haven’t answered a single damn question. You don’t give a shit that kids are dying every day from this nonsense.

But they’re not dying every day (school shootings)
You’re exaggerating and spreading disinformation to support you cause.

brassplyer said:
That's been my assessment of the situation - she was seriously f'd in the head herself.
Maybe you have me on ignore, no idea.
But how would you suggest someone like that be restricted from acquiring guns?
No you're too entertaining with your constant nonsense.

Screen who gets to be a parent. Pretty hard to anticipate some woman years down the road isn't going to have any more sense than to hand her unbalanced son firearms.

I don't think I'm following you - can you spell out what you say their valid but slightly flawed point is? I haven't seen any of the resident DemLibs make a valid point.
I'm quite certain someone said that though it's true that AR15s aren't a major factor in school shootings, no one gun has an important role in the crime scene. Which is correct; but it doesn't support the regulation of AR15s as "assault weapons".

Not sure why you think that’s “well-founded”.
Democrats in the US, Liberals in Canada, and globalist governments across the globe use the same tactic: pass one law, wait a few years, expand the application of the first law, add restrictions...
Obama had the White House and senate for a couple years and no one came after your guns.
Obama was a hypocritical chowderhead. As are most of the Dem leaders.

brassplyer said:
I'm quite certain someone said that though it's true that AR15s aren't a major factor in school shootings, no one gun has an important role in the crime scene. Which is correct; but it doesn't support the regulation of AR15s as "assault weapons".
I hear them buying into shrieking rhetoric they've heard insisting that AR-15s should be regarded in some special way based on a myth of them being a huge factor in mass killings and overall crime and never used for self-defense or hunting all of which is crap. They get in some accusations that I of course don't care about dead children. Oh and we've been informed that 9mm rounds won't go through non-ballistic window glass.

Handguns are overwhelmingly the biggest factor in crime as far as firearms - I assume because they're easier to transport and conceal.

Q. Why do gangbangers hold their gun sideways?
A. Because that's how it was in the box.

I hear them buying into shrieking rhetoric they've heard insisting that AR-15s should be regarded in some special way based on a myth of them being a huge factor in mass killings and overall crime and never used for self-defense or hunting all of which is crap. They get in some accusations that I of course don't care about dead children. Oh and we've been informed that 9mm rounds won't go through non-ballistic window glass.

Handguns are overwhelmingly the biggest factor in crime as far as firearms - I assume because they're easier to transport and conceal.

Q. Why do gangbangers hold their gun sideways?
A. Because that's how it was in the box.

Many schools and public buildings use laminated glass for many safety reasons. It’s not regular glass. But that wasn’t even a major point, just saying that more powerful weapons can be used to gain entry where other guns might not. You keep harping on this point to avoid answering questions. You are transparent as hell.
If you can comprehend ONE take away, make it this: I’m suggesting that we require better background checks, including a mental health evaluation, a title that registers the owner of a gun, and no private sales - they have to be overseen by an agency that transfers title similar to DMV transaction. Start with that. Just that. What’s your problem with that scenario?

Back