What's goin' on with everybody

No worries Ray... dont mean to preach but if you are going to go for a rental property... then by the sea is a risky investment....

This might make no sense but I would recommend buying a solid property cheaply in a very deprived area for a low price. Professional tenants are the worst and will abuse the place more than people on benefits. The bang for your buck is better and the deprived areas are often getting a lot of grants for redevelopment so property values will go up in the future. You buy a place for 200k and you get 800 a month with little interest. You buy a place for 70k and you get 450 a month with people jumping at it. Do the Maths.
You live with your mom still right? And you are old as shit. Why would anyone take investment advice from you?

There is wisdom in Smithers' comments. I live by the sea, and know the area well. I have some experience of the crazy landlord regulations. You just have to comply, and make it work. Previous tenants have removed all the night storage heaters, carved up the kitchen worktop with a breadknife, and stubbed out cigarettes on a new plastic bathtub.
They are like animals. On the plus side, there are good tenants out there, who are worth hanging on to.

There is wisdom in Smithers' comments. I live by the sea, and know the area well. I have some experience of the crazy landlord regulations. You just have to comply, and make it work. Previous tenants have removed all the night storage heaters, carved up the kitchen worktop with a breadknife, and stubbed out cigarettes on a new plastic bathtub.
They are like animals. On the plus side, there are good tenants out there, who are worth hanging on to.
I stand by my statement. :laughings:

You live with your mom still right? And you are old as shit. Why would anyone take investment advice from you?
Well I did own property but I generally invested in cheaper property because the yield is better. What I was saying that a 50k property you can get 400 per month. If you buy an exclusive 200k property you look at 1000 per month but there are less prospective tenants and less yield. So if you think about it cheaper property is a better investment.

I had some terrible tenants Ray, even professionals can be bad ones. But I will say that if you have an apartment overlooking the sea then you can make more money as a week long holiday let than a 6 month contract, you will make more letting it out for 13 weeks in the summer season as a 1 week holiday let than a whole year contract. You will get a grand a week for a nice 2 bedroom furnished overlooking the sea. Thats 13 grand.... TRUST ME MATE...

I had some terrible tenants Ray, even professionals can be bad ones. But I will say that if you have an apartment overlooking the sea then you can make more money as a week long holiday let than a 6 month contract, you will make more letting it out for 13 weeks in the summer season as a 1 week holiday let than a whole year contract. You will get a grand a week for a nice 2 bedroom furnished overlooking the sea. Thats 13 grand.... TRUST ME MATE...
Also the holiday let they will not wreck the place in a week xxx

I lived with women in relationships for many years. My brother and sister now live away with their families in Aberdeen and Dubai respectively. My Stepfather died and I moved back in with my mother a few years ago after my last relationship ended. I sold my properties. My mother has a heart condition I am 57 and she is 76, I look after her. Why do you need to make an issue of this please?

I lived with women in relationships for many years. My brother and sister now live away with their families in Aberdeen and Dubai respectively. My Stepfather died and I moved back in with my mother a few years ago after my last relationship ended. I sold my properties. My mother has a heart condition I am 57 and she is 76, I look after her. Why do you need to make an issue of this please?
I'm not taking financial advice from a 57 year old that lives with his mom. Sorry.

Things are getting busy.
I shoud get my full fibre broadband on monday, and have booked to get my acoustic piano tuned on wednesday.
I hope it all goes to plan, or else the tuner may have to blend in with power tools.
Looking forward to a 'Well-Tempered' piano.

Back