Anyone love the 70's and vinyl ?

I love a lot of music from the 70s. Vinyl.... no so much. I have a ton of it, and all the gear, but if I have a CD version, that's what I play.

This was on the stereo yesterday...

John Miles was probably the all round musician, singer, performer I respect the most. His work on the night of the proms for many years in Europe was brilliant. His song, music was featured in every show, yet when they were doing other bands or singers, he could often be spotted in the orchestra, glasses on, sleeves rolled up playing the piano to the score.

that AP album was a strong favourite, sadly for me now, only existing in a computer.

I have lots of vinyl, but I don't play it much. I stream mostly. For whatever reason, I don't play my CDs that often. Maybe it is time to get them out again.

The new re-mix of Revolver came today. Just listening to Taxman #2 SO nice not to have to worry where the next click is coming from! And of course, a master tape noise floor.

Back in the day the REALLY keen audiophiles would buy 2nd gen' 7.5ips copies of masters. They knew the horrors that had to be done to the music to cram it on disk.
I never found any and would not have been able to afford them if I had!

Dave.

John Miles was probably the all round musician, singer, performer I respect the most. His work on the night of the proms for many years in Europe was brilliant. His song, music was featured in every show, yet when they were doing other bands or singers, he could often be spotted in the orchestra, glasses on, sleeves rolled up playing the piano to the score.

that AP album was a strong favourite, sadly for me now, only existing in a computer.
I remember that Pyramid was often found in the boutique stereo stores. Parson's production was so perfect and it really showed off those high dollar systems. It's been one of my favorites, although I have all of his albums except for his last two. Turn of a Friendly Card is also great. Alan has a knack for picking just the right voice for the song, starting with Arthur Brown for The Telltale Heart! Simply brilliant!

I have lots of vinyl, but I don't play it much. I stream mostly. For whatever reason, I don't play my CDs that often. Maybe it is time to get them out again.
I have a 100 disc Sony changer upstairs, and I'll just fire it up and flip through until I see something that piques my fancy. A few days ago, it was Unknown Hinson, then the Roaring Silence, and a then the next day was Alan Parsons. Nothing yesterday, I was off playing golf, then came home to watch a movie after lunch... ended up taking about a 90 minutes nap, so no movie! Maybe later, when the rain stops.

I love 70' music and I will throw a disk on the turntable occasionally for kicks but for general listening I love the convenience of digital. I still marvel that I have my entire music collection on my phone.

I love Milesy... he is from my neck of the woods. Around 98 we would drink in a little pub called The Seahorse in Blyth to go to see a guy called Brendan Healy who was a local actor and organ player and singer with his little band, they had grown up together in Newcastle and South Shields. One time we turned up and Miles was there and played with the band. He had just finished a South American tour with Tina Turner. Sat and had a pint and a chat with John, just a normal guy... great night, I got very drunk

There’s something about vinyl records recorded and mixed with the intention of going to vinyl. Led Zeppelin’s Houses of the Holy sounds amazing on my Pioneer PL-10.

My first experience of CD was Bat out of Hell. Quad 405 and Castle speakers. The 'quiet' intro was still quite loud but there was NO other noise then BAMM!! I said "I have GOT to get me one of these!"

Previously I had heard the big, 10" woofer Castles playing a direct cut jazz LP and that was superb but by definition a limited market!

Dave.

I just got a 25 cent record of the big band era that’s slowly turning into one of my more played records. It’s great! I like vinyl for the fun of it. I’m not delusional about its capabilities though.

I've got 6000+ LPs ..... 5 turntables so I guess I'm a vinyl guy ....... I'd say my favorite overall era would be the 70's but I pretty much like anything

My first experience of CD was Bat out of Hell. Quad 405 and Castle speakers. The 'quiet' intro was still quite loud but there was NO other noise then BAMM!! I said "I have GOT to get me one of these!"

Previously I had heard the big, 10" woofer Castles playing a direct cut jazz LP and that was superb but by definition a limited market!

Dave.
Todd = genuis. Produced and playred the guitar parts 🥰👍

Back