What's goin' on with everybody

Dude as a tile setter here in Cali they sometimes do what is a called a hot mop showerpan... I knew a hot mopper who accidentally stepped back and his whole foot and leg when into that bucket...capital F U C K! He was screwed up for a half a year healing up and was never quite the same...damn!
I once tiled a bathroom in a flat above a shop. Very cramped leg-wise, as I'm 6ft4, and tiling the lower part of the wall, whilst sitting on the floor, with a section of removed floorboards. As I was getting up, my numb legs flopped down a bit, touching the platerboard beneath. It brought down a section of ceiling in the shop below.

Yeah, don't do that, man. That's just stupid. Only idiots step through the ceiling below.

One time I was remodeling a bath and the subfloor was damaged such that I decided to cut it all out around the perimeter and replace with brand new 3/4" T&G. Problem was there was a linen closet wall that was running parallel to the floor joists and would be floating with no support. So I was cutting out sections so I could support the wall with blocking. I warned everybody and actually placed tape as a reminder across the hallway doorway as a reminder, there is no floor on the other side of that door.

I had purchased and unloaded wood for the blocking, I just needed some measurements. Hell yeah, git 'er done. Up the steps, down the hallway, 'round the corner, open the door and through that doorway I went.

Did I mention though not a professional I can do pretty good drywall work and match ceiling texture such that you can't even notice a repair?

The wife asked how I fell.

How? Well, I think my eyes kind of bulged a little bit and my face got a little distorted. My hands I guess instinctually went out and I tried to roll off to the side so I wouldn't go all the way through and end up downstairs, or straddle a floor joist and cause a bit of a disruption in me yarbles. And, boom, mission accomplished, I was sprawled out on the floor upstairs rather than attempting to stick the landing downstairs.

Women, they ask the stupidest questions sometimes. Good thing it was me, I told her. If it was her she could have gotten seriously hurt.

I was putting up walls in the basement in the house in N.Y. I framed out the first wall put it up. Then I thought to self, self, this would be
so much easier to build outside. So, I built it outside, you know the rest of the story..

Crows, I would like to see what you've done. I've compared some CDs to my vinyl copies. What are you using for your turntable?
Here you go! It’s just an LP120, but I think that’s pretty representative of people who just casually listen to vinyl.

So far, the largest difference by far was the RHCP song. VERY different from each other.

THIS! This is what I have been saying. A SKILLED trade. The problem is all of the young people are being forced into college and promised a lucrative career if the go that route. And it's a pipe dream. Skip fucking college and get into an apprenticeship program like this.
When I was 18, if you could take some voltage and resistance numbers on a DVOM from 2-3 places on a diagram and change an air filter, you could make way more money than a hardware store. HVAC is ok. If they want trade school make sure they pay for it.

Machinist or operator is better.

When I was 18, if you could take some voltage and resistance numbers on a DVOM from 2-3 places on a diagram and change an air filter, you could make way more money than a hardware store. HVAC is ok. If they want trade school make sure they pay for it.

Machine operator is one of the most boring jobs on the planet but there are lots of people who can't handle more than that.

A £4.6M House.

I've been taking photos lately of this house being demolished.
It was built in 1971, and was for years the ultra-modern house at Sandbanks (The local Millionaire's Row).
It was featured in the 1974 Daily Mail (newspaper) Book of House and Bungalow Plans, of which I bought a copy
as a lad, as I was very into architecture. It was also on the cover of that book. Prestige indeed.
It sold recently for £4.6M.
When it was built, there were older bungalows either side, but nothing stays the same in that neighbourhood.
It is worth all that money, because of the front panoramic views over Poole Harbour, and the rear panoramic views to sea, and backs onto the beach.
A bigger modern house is going to replace it.
I live in a slightly different part of town.

Attachments

• Before.png
    Before.png
    597.9 KB · Views: 2
  • After.png
    After.png
    678.3 KB · Views: 2

There are way more AC Units in this country than Machine Shops. But we are saying the same thing. They are both skilled trades.

It's a big concert weekend here locally. Bourbon and Beyond festival started last night. Lots of big names, Kings of Leon, Pearl Jam, Doobie Bros, Greta Van Fleet, Jimmy Vaughn, Eric Gales, Marcus King, and about 40 other acts are scheduled. Plus there will be lots of tents with different bourbons and some craft brewers.

Unfortunately, I'm booked up for the weekend.

Maybe Manslick will be out there to give an onsite report..... :-)

A few weeks ago, my 14 year old Samsung printer went on the fritz, but doing some investigations, I found someone describing the exact symptoms. The fellow's problem was a couple of bad capacitors in the power supply. So, I pull the back off the printer and sure enough, one of the caps is bulging up.

I hopped on Ebay and ordered a package of each (cheaper to buy 6 than to buy ONE!) and in a couple of days, the package arrives. DOH! I ordered 16v 1500uF, and got 6.3V 1500uF instead. It took a week for the vendor to even respond and in the meantime, I just ordered some from another vendor on Amazon, along with a webcam for a friend who's camera in her laptop had died. The camera arrived in 2 days, the caps took a week! They got there last Wednesday, but I was tied up for the next few days.

I finally got to dig into the PS, and got the capacitors replaced. Put everything back together, gleefully hit the power switch, and ....... was greeted with a red error light, and the motor gave a quick chug, then silence. Ok, take it all apart again and make sure that the solder joints are right. Everything looks perfect. Plug it back up and .... red light... chug.

My first thought it CRAP... time to buy a new printer. But first just check it one more time. Paper... check. Cable onnected... check. Toner... OOPS! No toner cartridge. I went back to the work desk and grabbed the toner, shoved it in and PRESTO. All the lights go green and I hear the gentle whirring of the motor. I fired up Notepad and sent a few lines of text to the printer which came out perfectly.

Sometimes it's the simplest things. Had I not had to wait 3 weeks to fix this thing, I wouldn't have moved the toner cartridge out of the way in the first place. But, in the end, everything is running, for a grand total of $11 in parts. I've got enough caps to repair it 5 more times. Hopefully that will last me until I'm 80!

Back