Obtuse, twisted, distorted "Facts" being used in an argument or debate AKA Gas Lighting

Just so all you GL's know: Juneteenth has been expanded from it's original celebration as a purely Texas historical event. Look it up.

WTF? Certain groups get a whole month, veterans get one day for being willing to give up their lives for this country’s interests, people who died in that cause get one day.......

How about ‘white guy who likes women’ day??

Oh wait....... I forgot. How stupid of me. We’re the oppressors.

But I digress.

😂

WTF? Certain groups get a whole month, veterans get one day for being willing to give up their lives for this country’s interests, people who died in that cause get one day.......

How about ‘white guy who likes women’ day??

Oh wait....... I forgot. How stupid of me. We’re the oppressors.

But I digress.

😂
You can celebrate that every singe day.

This brings about the question.... why can’t the special interest groups do the same?
Why the need for national recognition?
Just so I know what we're talking about, can you explain what designates a group to be "special interest"? Then I will give my $0.02.

Just so I know what we're talking about, can you explain what designates a group to be "special interest"? Then I will give my $0.02.
No I won’t give you that. I thought you were smart. You don’t know what a ‘special interest group’ is?

This brings up another issue. I’ll get wrapped up like so many others on this forum do. So I’m no angel.

But it seems like there’s two camps in HR that get into these discussions.

Both are hostile to each other’s posts, ideologies, and viewpoints.

Why would I want to converse with someone that’s hostile to me?

See ya.

No I won’t give you that. I thought you were smart. You don’t know what a ‘special interest group’ is?
Bah, I knew I wouldn't get a straight answer. Ok, Let me explain.

Let's say there's an ethnic minority in any given country, and let's say that they had been genuinely repressed socially, politically, and economically for hundreds of years. Then through a series of events that ethnic minority is given certain unalienable rights the the majority of that theoretical country's citizens have and have always had since its inception.

As part of the marginalized group, I think I would feel a celebration of those rights and the struggles that were fought to achieve them. And that theoretical nation as a whole felt it was better off having all citizens be equal, even the citizens outside of that marginalized group feel that way. In fact, most of that Country would feel the nation as a whole is a better, stronger, and more Just nation and that it's important to celebrate that fight and the progress that was made at the hands and blood of the people that fought it.

So one month of the year a few things happen that allow the nation as a whole to celebrate that progress. No big deal. Shouldn't harm anyone other than the people that fought so hard to keep that ethnic minority marginalized. THOSE people don't want to recognize that progress..

This brings up another issue. I’ll get wrapped up like so many others on this forum do. So I’m no angel.

See ya.
Was my response hostile? In any way. Was there an attack on anyone?

See ya.

Eh, it's healthy to test your ideas, thoughts, and knowledge IMO. Think of it as a free market of ideas.

Back