Obtuse, twisted, distorted "Facts" being used in an argument or debate AKA Gas Lighting

But........... did you have a cherry bomb dual exhaust??

I’m high jacking away from your kitchen
No Cherry Bombs...... I had Hush Thrushes on my V6 Capri. Good little car except for the shifter breaking off, the seat back breaking, the fuel pump diaphragm leaking oil, the radiator springing leaks and the rust spots starting after about 5 years. At least you could work on it yourself, which was a good thing!

I rebuilt the carb on the kitchen table. The kitchen wasn't nearly as nice as TAE's.

I have to say I hate the fact that every kitchen I have had has one of these weird little corners. I'm too big to be comfortable in that narrow space and bang my head. Looks nice anyway.
I do not like that corner at all and would have brought it out flush with the fridge panel but the boss wasn't having it. IMO a PITA access area, we'd of lost a 8" of cabinet space and had easy access to everything in that side. This is why it's there. In these modern times the trend is to have the pantry next to the fridge and you use a counter depth fridge @ 24" deep...fer crying out loud you lose a shit ton of fridge space by doing so .(Like @ 10 cubic feet) ..so...I had the pantry built out 8" from the back wall and the side panel made 8" deeper so we could us a full depth "normal" fridge @ 32" deep and not having it stick out 8" from the cabinet and pantry..

No Cherry Bombs...... I had Hush Thrushes on my V6 Capri. Good little car except for the shifter breaking off, the seat back breaking, the fuel pump diaphragm leaking oil, the radiator springing leaks and the rust spots starting after about 5 years. At least you could work on it yourself, which was a good thing!

I rebuilt the carb on the kitchen table. The kitchen wasn't nearly as nice as TAE's.
It was a 65 GTO so of course it had dual exhaust stock from the factory...I did not upgrade to Cherry bombs but it did have "glass packs".

They also came stock with the 3 dueces, Muncie 4-speed and 390 posi-traction rear end ...The perfect car for any testosterone fueled, pot smoking 16 year old young man to own. It was all just frickin luck...My 59 Ford Fairlane / Galaxy had blown a trans, was not really worth fixing and I needed wheels to get me back n forth to my after school night job at my uncles plating shop. I was making a whopping $1.35 and hour busting my balls plating. Nasty job....but hey I was making money 28 hours a week...damn! So my Mom, not knowing what she had found, tells me about this used 1965 car for only $735 over at the local Ford dealer. Have to admit I really didn't understand what a 65 GTO was or what it was capable of...fortunately neither did she or my pops..Me n my Pops went and checked it out and she was a beauty. Popped that hood and looked at those pretty little chrome topped carburetors..wow. Started it up Varoooom! Drove it around the block never knowing that it was a "progressive linkage" so we were just using a single 2 barrel...Pops said sounds like it runs good..I suggest you buy it...Cool they co-signed for me and I was in business...OH Damn I drove it off the lot and got on the on-ramp of the brand new 210 freeway...and stepped into it for the first time HOLY SHIT! And the rest is history.....LOL!

I'm surprised the wife went for the darker counters. All the girls I know went for the beige-y stuff.

STOCK INTERNET PHOTO
granite.jpg

Reactions: TAE
I'm surprised the wife went for the darker counters. All the girls I know went for the beige-y stuff.
Actually the flavor of the month / fashion for the last few years is the awesome looking man made quartz ( I'm a quartz dude ) that looks like White Carrara Marble or Calacatta . The color you posted is way yesterdays news and is a granite...Quartz dominates at @ 80% of all high end countertops going in today..

My wife, being my wife was not going to have quartz and it's her football so whatever she wants... I am not a huge fan of most granites for several reasons but I have to say she pulled a rabbit out of her hat on the one she chose...Though you may see this color used on occasion the finish you will be hard pressed to see or find..It's sold by Cosentino ( Silestone Quartz) and is part of their Sensa granite offering Graphite Grey "Caprese" It is a undulated "Leather finish" not smooth but usually these are more of a matte finish...this one is super high polished and whatever they used to seal it is voo doo..it is unstainable / water proof which is way weird... Very plain jane color , neutral but she loves it and that's a win for me....

Pictures below are all man made quartz...That waterfall side with the lateral veins "book matching" up is a "thing" these days...
1655392224659.png1655392269692.png1655392354343.png

Actually the flavor of the month / fashion for the last few years is the awesome looking man made quartz ( I'm a quartz dude ) that looks like White Carrara Marble or Calacatta . The color you posted is way yesterdays news and is a granite...Quartz dominates at @ 80% of all high end countertops going in today..

My wife, being my wife was not going to have quartz and it's her football so whatever she wants... I am not a huge fan of most granites for several reasons but I have to say she pulled a rabbit out of her hat on the one she chose...Though you may see this color used on occasion the finish you will be hard pressed to see or find..It's sold by Cosentino ( Silestone Quartz) and is part of their Sensa granite offering Graphite Grey "Caprese" It is a undulated "Leather finish" not smooth but usually these are more of a matte finish...this one is super high polished and whatever they used to seal it is voo doo..it is unstainable / water proof which is way weird... Very plain jane color , neutral but she loves it and that's a win for me....

Pictures below are all man made quartz...That waterfall side with the lateral veins "book matching" up is a "thing" these days...
View attachment 119043View attachment 119046View attachment 119049
I went with quartz when I did that bathroom, and my daughter went with black quartz when she had to rebuild her kitchen. It's great stuff, and doesn't need the maintenance of granite.

Back