Joe Biden, good or bad?

• Good?

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Bad?

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you say she is and or has been a good "leader"? There is a lot of power in a countries people being 100% behind a "figure head" Then again this is from a Mericans naïve outside the UK bubble view...
The Queen herself has been a shining example of statesmanship and of being a countries figurehead. Even if you were a republican you could not have had a better example of a person elected to portray your country. She is unrivalled in that position. The people around her including her family, not so.

A lot of the country would agree she has done an exemplary job and well past the years she has been required to do such.

Reactions: TAE
The Queen herself has been a shining example of statesmanship and of being a countries figurehead. Even if you were a republican you could not have had a better example of a person elected to portray your country. She is unrivalled in that position. The people around her including her family, not so.

A lot of the country would agree she has done an exemplary job and well past the years she has been required to do such.
What is her job?

Yeah we need to find us a Queen cause these knob gobbling expounders of jibber jabber "mine's bigger than yours" leaders we keep electing to represent "we the people" are doing a piss poor job of making Lady Liberty's light shine bright..

Donald Trump was uniquely and comprehensively unqualified for the job. Joe Biden isn't much better. We can do much much much better than this.
Who would you suggest? Obama IMO was a superior President - the Repgunants in the Senate worked against him.

She is or was a figurehead who would be a representative of the UK at ceremonial meetings with other world leaders. I think most royalty in countries only do that today.
And a good figurehead represents the organization well? Is that correct? Doesn't have to really get anything done, just shouldn't embarrass the organization?

Well, I mean with a "good" figurehead it should. I don't get the concept of royalty in 2022.
Thats the idea. But if they are swung by money or gain and or have political views then they get involved in which way others want to swing. I dont thing the Queen did that. Her family have.

My personal view is the royalty thing ends when she dies.

But what we get to replace her we already know will be sub standard and most likely controversially bad.

With all this talk about guns, shootings, elections.... No one is discussing the merits, or lack of, regarding our current president.

Is he doing a Good job? Or terrible job?J
Sucktacular, even if he's just a puppet following orders from a shadow cabal.

It's not clear to me he or his kid have ever done anything of honest value in their lives, anything that didn't involve a scam.

"Hunter Biden’s favorite Las Vegas hooker got over $20,000 in federal stimulus right after President Joe Biden took office.

She was granted an “Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers” loan for her “White female owned business” that “employed at least one person during the applicable loan period,” according to FederalPay."

What do you expect the opposition party to do?

Do what's best for the country maybe?

It's interesting, years ago a friend of mine who is a conservative thought it was fine for Republicans to vote against proposals they support and know are good for the country, simply to give Obama a political loss. I remember being appalled that anyone would overtly put politics over the country's best interests. Now I realize those types of hyper partisan beliefs have long been mainstream among conservatives.

So after decades of bragging about the alleged immense benefits of Reagan's nuclear weapons deal with Russia, Republicans overwhelmingly voted against that very same arrangement when Obama was President, simply because they wanted to oppose Obama. To me, that is a political extreme that is unconscionable - to increase the nuclear threat against America, just to stick it to Obama. Fuck. That's hardcore. I just don't see how a country can thrive if the minority party is willing to sabotage the country.

Do what's best for the country maybe?

It's interesting, years ago a friend of mine who is a conservative thought it was fine for Republicans to vote against proposals they support and know are good for the country, simply to give Obama a political loss. I remember being appalled that anyone would overtly put politics over the country's best interests. Now I realize those types of hyper partisan beliefs have long been mainstream among conservatives.

So after decades of bragging about the alleged immense benefits of Reagan's nuclear weapons deal with Russia, Republicans overwhelmingly voted against that very same arrangement when Obama was President, simply because they wanted to oppose Obama. To me, that is a political extreme that is unconscionable - to increase the nuclear threat against America, just to stick it to Obama. Fuck. That's hardcore. I just don't see how a country can thrive if the minority party is willing to sabotage the country.

Hyperpartisan beliefs are mainstream among politicians. Most Americans are pretty centrist.

Not having the votes to enact your preferred agenda isn't the product of sabotage. It's a poltical system working as it is designed to. If you want more votes, you should be prepared to compromise your position to the degree that you can count on some votes from the opposition party.

If you want more votes, you should be prepared to compromise your position to the degree that you can count on some votes from the opposition party.
Come on, man. You can't believe that there is something the Dems can do to convince the GOP to work with them. They could literally adopt the right's agenda, propose it to them and it would be rejected because the right's base will not stand for the two parties working together. The left has been demonized for decades. There are generations of Americans that have been propagandized into believing lies and a large segment of the population that isn't real big on critical thinking.

There's literally nothing the left can do to get the GOP to work with them on making things better for America. And there's nothing that can be done to save this Country. Nothing. Thank God I'm not 18 years old. We had a great run and I was right in the Golden Age of it.

Not having the votes to enact your preferred agenda isn't the product of sabotage. It's a poltical system working as it is designed to. If you want more votes, you should be prepared to compromise your position to the degree that you can count on some votes from the opposition party.

If the motive is 'Above all else, I want you to accomplish nothing' then compromise is irrelevant.

I mean, that's the problem here. Republicans have taken compromise off the table, because compromise could be construed as a win for democrats, or worse (gasp): bipartisanship.

Kill em all and let God sort the good ones out!

:eek: oops!

Sorry I guess I got a little caught up in the moment :laughings:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back