subvibe

Hi
Anyone else using Cubase 12 Pro
i upgraded from Cubase 11 Pro & the new features are amazing
especially on the Free Warp & Remote Midi integration I haven't tried this yet
with my Icon Platform but will give it a try this weekend

subvibe

tn_29.jpg

I bought the upgrade to 11 and get the free 12 upgrade grace thing. I have not yet even downloaded it as I am still finishing a few projects in 11.

I learned a lesson upgrading during sessions long ago with C7. It wasn't pretty. I'm just gonna wait a while before moving forward with the new version. I wish they had the ability to warp multiple tracks from the project window 5 years ago when I needed it!

Hi

you can open up your Cubase 11 projects in Cubase 12 it automatically scans your plugins, not sure if it will scan VST 2?

32 bit plugins are dead, but are you saying it won't do VST2 at all? That's a real reason to not upgrade.
From what I have heard, VST2 will not be discontinued for another year or two. That may not be true. Surprisingly, I don't even get why that is an issue. VST3 came out in like 2008 right? If a software plug developer hasn't updated to the most recent format, is it really viable? It was the 32-bit to 64-bit that was the most disruptive because operating systems could not work with the latter. That as well became a non issue like 4 years ago right?

I suppose free software is where this comes in, but even Reaper has their plugs updated right? What plugs are anyone worried about?

Oh shit, maybe some vst2 vintage instruments should be considered. I guess that could make some unhappy. I am not included in that at all but I suppose I can feel for those who don't evolve with what is better and updated.

I am not trying to be a dick, but it does not make sense that someone wouldn't have ability to get updated software that they have purchased. Or is it those who have not the licenses that are concerned because their stolen software does not work?

And don't even come at me that one of your early 2016's vst's so were awesome and has never been duplicated. Sorry, I would consider that a personal lack of desire to move forward and lack of integrity.

Or, maybe I am just an opinionated dick! That is also possible. Sorry to anyone who may have had their feelings hurt by another's opinion. I will forget to try harder in respect for your feelings.... :)

I see your point - but I've got legacy VSTis that are 32 bit, and I'm running through a bridge so I can keep them going because I have always tried to keep my old projects still loadable. Its means that every couple of years I load and resave every cubase project. It means that I can still load in a project created in the late 90s. Usually a few things won't load as they've been updated, but I do have some very old early MIDI Yamaha soft synths from that era that are still working - and if I load up an old project, because back then I was lazy - all I might have is a stupid label saying track 14, and if a sound doesn't play, I don't know what it is - if it's a GM sound then I can find a replacement, but if it's an old synth I'm stuck. Only this week I've been working on a big project original created in 1997. Not much of the original will be left, but one sound I cannot replicate, so I'm using the original. It's just odd that if we buy an analogue synth in the 80s and 90s we still use it today if we didn't replace it, but if we buy a VSTi, then we lose it at some point in the future. I've got plenty I'd happily lose that never really cut it, but a few - like early Garritan and some produced by those here today gone tomorrow companies I'd hate to lose. I'll have to have a look and see what I'll have to do without to see if I maybe try to do something to extend a few?

I see your point - but I've got legacy VSTis that are 32 bit, and I'm running through a bridge so I can keep them going because I have always tried to keep my old projects still loadable. Its means that every couple of years I load and resave every cubase project. It means that I can still load in a project created in the late 90s. Usually a few things won't load as they've been updated, but I do have some very old early MIDI Yamaha soft synths from that era that are still working - and if I load up an old project, because back then I was lazy - all I might have is a stupid label saying track 14, and if a sound doesn't play, I don't know what it is - if it's a GM sound then I can find a replacement, but if it's an old synth I'm stuck. Only this week I've been working on a big project original created in 1997. Not much of the original will be left, but one sound I cannot replicate, so I'm using the original. It's just odd that if we buy an analogue synth in the 80s and 90s we still use it today if we didn't replace it, but if we buy a VSTi, then we lose it at some point in the future. I've got plenty I'd happily lose that never really cut it, but a few - like early Garritan and some produced by those here today gone tomorrow companies I'd hate to lose. I'll have to have a look and see what I'll have to do without to see if I maybe try to do something to extend a few?
Not sure if this is relevant, but even with a Cubase upgrade, you can still open earlier versions if you need those older VSTi's or effects.

I am pretty sure that you can still even download the older versions of Cubase if you own the full license.

Since forever, floating point operations on a pc have always been done in 64-bit. The chip works that way.
You only get 32-bit floating point by the software choosing to discard some of the data.
DAWs must have abandoned the full accuracy because PCs weren't fast enough to handle the throughput.
Also, some floating point processors have higher resolution than others.

Hi
I also had a lot of 32bit plugins with my old Cubase 5
but resigned to the fact going forward to Cubase 11 Pro 12 Pro that i would lose these
its part of the progress & also a good opportunity to use the newer & improved ones
I did a lot of songs on Cubase 5 & loved its simplicity but sometimes you have to move on

subvibe

Well - I'm just about to give it a go. The new dongle-free security system was a bit of a faff, but once the VSTi folders are scanned, we'll see what I have no longer got access to.

It's also version 12.0.0 so that's no updates yet? first start up it hung on the VST folder scan. First scan took fifteen minutes! It seems to be able to load all the critical stuff so I'm up and running fine it seems. Not sure if this also means I can install it on the other computer now I don't need to move the dongle?

Well - I'm just about to give it a go. The new dongle-free security system was a bit of a faff, but once the VSTi folders are scanned, we'll see what I have no longer got access to.

It's also version 12.0.0 so that's no updates yet? first start up it hung on the VST folder scan. First scan took fifteen minutes! It seems to be able to load all the critical stuff so I'm up and running fine it seems. Not sure if this also means I can install it on the other computer now I don't need to move the dongle?
I believe the license allows installation on 3 separate computers at once.

Hi
There is a great Video from Dom Sigalas on YouTube
he runs through some of the new features & makes it look easier than it is
But some great stuff & already trying these out

subvibe

I am running pretty normally. I seem to have lost 4 VSTis, Spector, Mystic and Prologue - not sure where they've gone, as they have gone missing from the list of available VSTi's? I expect I will find them somewhere?

I think I recall someone talking on another forum about moving them over from C11 successfully. The content or something was lost but it worked. Guessing it was one of the Cubase groups on Facebook.

this what i read

Due to technical reasons the following plug-ins and technologies have been removed from the product scope​

• VST instruments: Mystic, Prologue, Specter, LoopMash are no longer included in the factory content of Cubase.
  • Cubase no longer supports ReWire.
  • VST 2 plug-ins are no longer supported on Apple silicon Macs running in native mode.
  • Running Cubase in Rosetta mode still allows you to load VST 2 plug-ins.
  • MPEX is also no longer available on Apple silicon Macs running in native mode.
  • The GoPro VR player has been removed.
  • MixConvert (legacy VST 2 plug-in) and SurroundPan (legacy VST 2 plug-in) have been removed from the plug-in set.

It says “Not included in the Factory content”, and in theory, that wouldn´t be a problem.
In case you are in Windows, you can copy the Synthengine.vst3 to the Cubase 12 VST3 folder, and the plugins do appear and work. (You might need your Cubase 11 licence to be able to use it.)

I installed 12 pro on the macbook in the other studio - it worked great, but then - I read this after a fruitless day trying to download these! I downloaded them, but of course I have no elicencer for these on the new machine - so I have Halion Sonic SE, not the full version on the other machine and prologue 2 is empty - none of the sounds are picked up. So I have Sonic SE, Groove Agent SE and for the moment that's about it!

If they allow you to have it on the other machines under the one licence, I sort of assumed that all the other things I've paid Steinberg for would also be able to go on it. Clearly not, so it's not as useful as I thought. Maybe it will settle down in a while and while on the main computer - these instruments are fine, it's somewhat annoying to have a much thinner sound set on a new install.

Back