Big Sur 11.6 and ZOOM R24

zorrob

Hello!
I've just migrated to a new iMAc M1. I can't get Mac OS Big Sur 11.6 to recognize the latest ZOOMR24 driver.
Audio interface in Zoom lights up with sample rate and so on. But the ZOOMR24 driver is not possible to choose as audio driver. Neither in the system nor in Cubase 11.
Is there a solution to this? I've tried uninstall, reinstall etc.
Thanks for any tip!

/z

Strange mode of working. It works using the thunderbolt port on the iMac. Is it more compatible with USB 2 than USB C port?

/z

The R24 has a basic USB2.0 port. If its working under Thunderbolt, then it is because the port is designed with USB2 compatibility. USB-C is a connector definition, not an actual protocol. It could be used with USB 3.1, 3.2 or Thunderbolt 3 or 4. The IMac USB port is supposed to be USB 3.1, and the Thunderbolt is USB4 compatible.

I have seen some comments about the USB3 ports not working properly with legacy devices until they were used with a hub. You might try that if you want to use the T-bolt ports for other things.

Thank you! I will try a hub if I need more ports.
I did find it strange that the Thunderbolt port was more compatible with USB 2 than the USB 3.1 port.

/z

Back