As Fast as I Can - REMIX

Bruthish

Hair Metal Roxx!
I have listened to this song so much that I may have F'd it up rather than make it better...so please comment.

I tried bringing out the bass more and make it more distinct.

The lead vocals are meant to be gritty and distorted sounding but may just not work.

Let me know if its any improvement for those that have heard it before...if you haven't heard, first thought would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Sounds very good-I like the guitar tones and the drum sounds. Seems like the vocals and backing vocals are a bit buried. I like the sound of them but they don't seem to be leading the song. Crank them up a bit and you'll have a winner here I think. Nice job!

Thanks! I actually cut them a little thinking they were too loud. I can bump them back up a little.

I like the guitar sound too. Very cool.

In the intro I thought the drums were too far back. I thought they sat fine once the vocal came in. But then I thought the vocal was too far back. Ditto for the lead guitar solo - too far back.

But levels are my only problems. The tone on things was great.

Cool. What are you using for reference material as far as mix? I hear heavy rockabilly ala Rev Horton Heat and I'd love to hear this with the guitars reverbed out in that style.

More drums.

+1 for more drums (esp. snare) and vocals. I might also try to tweak the snare tone a little to make it crack more. The vibe I'm getting from the snare sound right now is kind of "jazz groove" rather than "driving punk".

I like the guitar sound too. Very cool.

In the intro I thought the drums were too far back. I thought they sat fine once the vocal came in. But then I thought the vocal was too far back. Ditto for the lead guitar solo - too far back.

But levels are my only problems. The tone on things was great.

I intentionally made the intro drums light as the guitars are there too. But After listening again I could probably bring up a notch or two. I am not happy with the vocals yet. I want them to have some of that old time distorted telephony sound, but there is just too much there and if I bring them up anymore it will be too obvious so back to the drawing board on those. Lead guitar I can def bring up

Cool. What are you using for reference material as far as mix? I hear heavy rockabilly ala Rev Horton Heat and I'd love to hear this with the guitars reverbed out in that style.

More drums.

My initial intention was to be a hard rocking rockabilly. It kinda went towards more blues but would like to stay in the rockabilly genre on this. I will look that up and see what it sounds like!

+1 for more drums (esp. snare) and vocals. I might also try to tweak the snare tone a little to make it crack more. The vibe I'm getting from the snare sound right now is kind of "jazz groove" rather than "driving punk".

Interesting that numerous people have said more drums when I thought they were almost too hot. Let me look into it again and see. I will also try to get the snare a little more grit. Thanks!

Just the lead vocals are my only complaint. I thought the breakdown sounded great, but I couldn't understand a single word of the lyrics other than that section. Too much going on vocally there. just my $0.02

Just the lead vocals are my only complaint. I thought the breakdown sounded great, but I couldn't understand a single word of the lyrics other than that section. Too much going on vocally there. just my $0.02

Thats the first I heard that no one could understand the lyrics. I really made a conscience effort to Enunciate every word. I wonder if its the effects that are mudding them up and making them hard to understand?

BTW, I sent you a PM but not sure if it went through.

Last edited:
yup, got it! response coming.

listening again. musically, sounds great. i see some other comments about buried vocals. i think it's more the complimentary vocals that burst in that i can't understand so well...they do sound a bit muffled/buried. the lead vocal isn't as bad, on third/fourth listen. love that breakdown, again, ha that part is pretty great man. but the very next section, i can't understand very well. there's just a lack of clarity to them.

woah, great fill to end the tune. didn't notice that the first few times.

Are you about the part that goes "Line'em up, rev'em up"?

Lol on the ending, not sure many people make it that far to hear it!

watched cbgb last night on netflix. reminded me of the ramones with more talent. nice job. after that break towards the end seem like everything lost its oomph

nice Bruthish
I think it's a great high energy basic rock tune. Kind of what you would expect if you gave Jerry Lee Lewis some acid and handed him a guitar. Mix sounds great, but I agree the vocal is a little buried in places. May need to pull it up here and there.
fantastic job man!

Back