Slut (Bye, bye, baby) **Up Tempo Rocker**

Loved the energy in the guitars. They sounded decent. I could use a little more gain in them.

The low end is a little lacking. Not much from the kick and bass.

The cymbals have the trademark swirl supplied by SoundCloud.

The lead vocal sounds pretty good. Much dryer than everything else. I liked the use of the AM radio voice.

The voice in the intro is super-buried. When the singing kicks in, it's much more balanced.

+1 on the swishy cymbals.

Loved the energy in the guitars. They sounded decent. I could use a little more gain in them.

The low end is a little lacking. Not much from the kick and bass.

The cymbals have the trademark swirl supplied by SoundCloud.

The lead vocal sounds pretty good. Much dryer than everything else. I liked the use of the AM radio voice.

Thanks !

In earlier mixes guitars had more gain, being that there's quite a few guitars in there needing room I'm guessing the gain reduction was part of getting everything to sit and fit in the mix while still being discernible. Could also be a personal preferance. Same goes for low end I imagine.

+1 on the radio vocal. very cool.

I've always dug the saturated/distorted sound of what we're calling the "radio effect" when used tastefully

Thanks !!

I really liked the energy of the whole song and the AM voice us. Just needs more bass and kick.

Appreciate you checkin it out, glad you like it !

The voice in the intro is super-buried. When the singing kicks in, it's much more balanced.

+1 on the swishy cymbals.

The vocal in the intro wasn't intended to be in the song, I was just getting ready for the 1st verse and wasn't "on the mic" same goes for the vocal during the solo and of course at the end. We decided it was kind of cool, something like thinking outloud, not necessarily a focal point.

Soundcloud compression ....is what is.

Thanks for having a listen and commenting, much apprectated !!!

That's all awesome and shit. It's weird that something this polished has no thump. It's not really a sound thing here...it's a low end energy thing. There's just none.

That's all awesome and shit. It's weird that something this polished has no thump. It's not really a sound thing here...it's a low end energy thing. There's just none.

I don't know if I'm just used to how it sounds or if my system translates sound differently (which it does(it lies to me all the time)) But I'll have Mark revisit this low end or lack there of issue.

Thanks for the comments..........Everyone

Last edited:
I can't get past the soundcloud effect. Maybe it is compounded on my monitors somehow. Drives me nuts. It's like I'm listening to the upper frequencies through a room fan.

Otherwise sounds like a good performance and well recorded. Agree with the guy who said there is not enough rumble/mains hum/bottom.

Sounds great, and I like the guitar tone, especially on the solos. Personally I'd like a bit more dynamics, but that's just me.

Back