Two in a month...on a roll

kcearl

I see deaf people
I re-tracked one synth, think I have to re-track the piano part and the synth pad at the break...dunno if i can be arsed but those on phones will likely hear a few crackles. My first time really committing to tape :)

Mostly eighties gear...kinda trying to give it that vintage

Let me know what you think

Holy cow, man. I *love* the vibe in the beginning. That's some seriously great sound. So warm and delicious. Then... Drums, dude... Gotta turn the hats *way* down... like 15dB. They kill the mix. Everything else I like.

As a song, it seems a bit disjointed, but that might be part of its essence.

I could listen to that synth forever. It sounds awesome. Whatever you're doing to "tape"ify it, keep doing it. It sounds great, Keith.

Great to hear your stuff again.

VERY cool.
Maybe a little remix around the kit aspects but other than that I dig it as it.

Holy cow, man. I *love* the vibe in the beginning. That's some seriously great sound. So warm and delicious. Then... Drums, dude... Gotta turn the hats *way* down... like 15dB. They kill the mix. Everything else I like.

As a song, it seems a bit disjointed, but that might be part of its essence.

I could listen to that synth forever. It sounds awesome. Whatever you're doing to "tape"ify it, keep doing it. It sounds great, Keith.

Great to hear your stuff again.

Yeah its disjointed, its kinda two stories and both parts are out of tune with each other (listen to me, pretentious prick lol)

Damn shame about the drums...I really like them where they are...theyre really up front. i guess Im a child of the sixties, I love hats and cymbals crashing over the mix. But im so used to electronic kits, this was sampled through an Akai S1000, it does affect the sound, though Im not the modt experienced with acoustic sounds.

I wonder if this will be a recurrent problem with others too

Thanks for listening and critique J, this place always helps my tunes :)

VERY cool.
Maybe a little remix around the kit aspects but other than that I dig it as it.

Are you hearing the same too?

You wanted to have heard the analogue kick I had under the acoustic kit, nearly blew out my cars woofer! I cannot get bass levels right in cans at all...this is all mixed in a nissan lol

Listening on HPs, everything sounded good, cymbals are a bit much for the mix. Other than that, I thought everything was sounding really good.

Yeah. Those hats are super loud. That synth is mellifluous AF tho.

Ok I have to admit I had to google that...it is a great sound, like old VHS soundtracks

Listening on HPs, everything sounded good, cymbals are a bit much for the mix. Other than that, I thought everything was sounding really good.

thanks guys...I think Ive reached a small compromise, Ive turned the hats (and the drums) down a bit. Theyre still a bit loud but its what I was after....but theyre less "all over the mix"

:)

Hi mate, I'm listening on good headphones. The synths and all that stuff sound great. Agree with what the others have said about the drums thouogh - they're way up front. When they first kick in they feel like they're in my eyes!

damn i just turned them down a bit...I never normally have issues with drums, just everything else lol

Ok this time brought everything down, added a bit more verb. Hopefully theyll sit a bit better now.

Im getting used to them being a bit lower in the mix...dunno why they were so forward, maybe Im just not used to mixing this more melodic less dancey stuff??

i need that synth. damn that sounds awesome. drums were ok. snare, not so much. i'm guessing you adjusted the hats? didn't seem that loud to me. every synth part is very cool.

i need that synth. damn that sounds awesome. drums were ok. snare, not so much. i'm guessing you adjusted the hats? didn't seem that loud to me. every synth part is very cool.

Thanks...i think Ill leave the drums as they are...its an "80's" kit but I think Ill stick to electronic/sample machines...just bought a TR505 for extra cheese

The synths are an Alpha juno 2 and a JX8p...picked them both up mint for $700! Instant mid eighties sounds

Listening as I type. Love the tone on the synths - they have a slight graininess to them which is really beautiful. Arrangement and composition are great as usual.

A little more of that slow piano that comes in around 2.20 would be nice.

The only thing a little off to me is the drums. Like mine on my latest mix, they're a little clean and light I think. You able to beef them up at all and give them more body/low end?

I like the direction you're going in with these latest two a lot though. You pulling them together for an EP or anything?

Hey man. That's a catchy song title...? lol

Anyway, this sounds pretty cool. I've listened a bunch of times now. The main synths are very warm and fat, the strings sound great when they first come in. The piano is super cool, but I wish it were louder and featured more on top a bit.

I could've used more low end to the mix generally, and the drums in particular were wicked lite. I felt like the snare and hats (particularly the hats) were way too loud, and the kick too absent.

Might just be me, but I was loving it when the drums weren't playing, but found they just took over when they were. They do have kind of an '80's tone to them, but that didn't gel well for me with the rest of the sounds which evoked more of a '90's thang.

Still a winner overall. Well done.

Back