New Category in User forums by brand

I guess it could be posted in the reaper board too...but for all intended purposes it really belongs in the new iPad forum where all things iPad go...:rolleyes:

No it is a question about Reaper. It would belong in the Reaper section. We do not need another board in which to dilute stuff.

Just on a side note are you turning into Miroslave... You seem incapable of accepting solid arguments against your established position? Franky I don't really give a shit if they start an Ipad board. That would be 45 boards amongst which info can be diluted instead of 44......

I love that you are getting off on your Ipad but it is just an iPad... It has some fundamental limitations and until memory and processing power catch up it always will have. Enjoy but it is what it is...

I never tried to say it performed as well as the big computers...You said you couldn't embrace it because it was too low quality for your needs...I asked you to define low quality based on the specs I posted of what the Auria can provide in the iPad? ...please expound.

I get it, you're a power user...maybe a pro, I don't know. What I do know is this phenomenon is just the beginning of a new chapter in "music making"...not just recording and it blows the doors wide open for some amazing new things that make noise.

No I did not say that. I said I have used tablets and I do. What I said was it doesn't need another board to cover their use.

Get it right... go back and read some. We do not need an ipad board. It fits into what we have already.. I also said that the ipad is a significantly small section of the market. If you want to "embrace" the tablet market and the future you should be pushing Android and other OS tablets...

I do not need to "expound" on what you posted because I already answered what you asked. A moderately priced laptop will outperform you ipad... period. You fail to acknowledge this. I therefore ask you to provide some sort of evidence that this isn't the case and we will "expound" together... Until you do my face palm response holds true.

So where do we stand?

You want a forum where you can post questions about reaper..
I want you to explain how an iPad outperforms a basic (cheaper and better spec) laptop based on the evidence you have provided..

:eatpopcorn:

Last edited:
I need 3 usb ports - mouse, ILOK and interface. How do you record a full band all at once into it? Will it run Sonar X3? Can it burn a CD so I can listen to it in my truck. See it doesn't fit my needs as a DAW machine.

Pretty much right, yeah. I haven't seen interfaces with more than 4 ins. As for Sonar, is it a windows software. If so, it'll probably run on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet.

No I did not say that. I said I have used tablets and I do. What I said was it doesn't need another board to cover their use.

That is true...I disagree

Get it right... go back and read some. We do not need an ipad board. It fits into what we have already.. I also said that the ipad is a significantly small section of the market. If you want to "embrace" the tablet market and the future you should be pushing Android and other OS tablets...

We disagree again

I do not need to "expound" on what you posted because I already answered what you asked.

No you didn't...I asked you to explain low quality and posted specs of Auria...how are those resulting specs lower quality than what your big bad ass system can produce..?

A moderately priced laptop will outperform you ipad... period. You fail to acknowledge this.

Lets see, go up a few post...where I said "I never tried to say it performed as well as the big computers." and a few post further up from that where I replied to idol1957 where I said "the big machines are "better" no doubt"

Does that satisfy your bloated egos need enough that I agree with you that there are better machines for recording?

So where do we stand?

You want a forum where you can post questions about reaper..

:wtf: That comment merits a "what ya smokin?

I want you to explain how an iPad outperforms a basic (cheaper and better spec) laptop based on the evidence you have provided..

Take that want and put it in your right hand and a wish in the other .....put em together and you got nothing.

Mut I never tried to say they are comparable..From my perspective as keyboard player who has played around with 100's of VST's, synthesizer going back to the 70's ..what the ipad is bringing to the party is kick ass and it is only going to get better. The way Apple set it up encourages developers to join the iApp thing and they are coming in droves. It is bad ass.

I strongly believe from a business perspective, for HR.Com it is financially prudent to to add an iPad section. I can get the info elsewhere but this is my go to site...When I used the search function here to see what others here were doing with iPads I saw the fly in the ointment and realized we need a dedicated thread for the iPad. You love the site and hate seeing it go to hell with newbs...sorry dude but that was what Dragon started this site for 15 years ago. You don't use the iPad so it is irrelevant to you...You think it is a bad choice of tools. I disagree and there are a shit load of others out there including grammy winning pros that concur with me.

:

Dude .

I got this from iPadForums.net (a whole site dedicated to iPad use, and which has one forum for musicians using iPads):

"The iPad has three advantages over a Mac: portability, the touch user interface (not to be underestimated), and price. Though there is some overlap on the last. In all other areas (computer power, available peripherals, and powerful apps) a Mac is the more capable device for just about everything, including music creation.

So the real question is if the iPad will be enough for what you want, or if you need/want and can afford a more powerful solution.

Both amateurs and professionals have created some amazing things using nothing but iPhones and/or iPads, but I don't think any of them would argue that a more powerful setup couldn't have done more and better."

So, is an iPad as powerful as a Mac? No way. But are people using iPads to make good music? You best your ass. Is an iPad a legitimate tool for making recorded music? What a stupid question - of course it is. Should you laugh at the use of them to make music? Depends on how much you like jeering at things. Would this site be served by having a forum dedicated to tablet recording? Well, it would attract people who use tablets to record, because tablet recording has its own issues and challenges and experts, so I'd say yes. Will I be bothered if this site doesn't attract people who use the new touchscreen technology? Not much. If I get a tablet for recording, I'll just go to a place like iPadforums.net to get my questions answered, which is what I'm already doing anyway for certain things. I go to Adobe to get my Audition questions answered - I don't go to the Audition forum here. But on that last note, if I compare the utility of the Audition forum to the utility of a forum dedicated to tablet recording, I'd have to say that the latter would win hands down.

Mate,

We do not need an ipad forum. We have 44 boards already. The ipad does nothing that a basic laptop can't do better. Note, I said basic NOT "big bad ass System"... I'll say it again in big letters for you

THE IPAD DOES NOTHING THAT A BASIC LAPTOP CAN NOT DO BETTER FASTER CHEAPER EASIER

There now go and plead for a basic laptop board.... we obviously need one so we can ask questions in it that we should be asking elsewhere in on of 44 boards.

The iPad is cool, it's small. it's limited, enjoy it for what it is. I do that with my Android tablets. They are useful... they are not special..

I got this from iPadForums.net (a whole site dedicated to iPad use, and which has one forum for musicians using iPads):

"The iPad has three advantages over a Mac: portability, the touch user interface (not to be underestimated), and price. Though there is some overlap on the last. In all other areas (computer power, available peripherals, and powerful apps) a Mac is the more capable device for just about everything, including music creation.

So the real question is if the iPad will be enough for what you want, or if you need/want and can afford a more powerful solution.

Both amateurs and professionals have created some amazing things using nothing but iPhones and/or iPads, but I don't think any of them would argue that a more powerful setup couldn't have done more and better."

So, is an iPad as powerful as a Mac? No way. But are people using iPads to make good music? You best your ass. Is an iPad a legitimate tool for making recorded music? What a stupid question - of course it is. Should you laugh at the use of them to make music? Depends on how much you like jeering at things. Would this site be served by having a forum dedicated to tablet recording? Well, it would attract people who use tablets to record, because tablet recording has its own issues and challenges and experts, so I'd say yes. Will I be bothered if this site doesn't attract people who use the new touchscreen technology? Not much. If I get a tablet for recording, I'll just go to a place like iPadforums.net to get my questions answered, which is what I'm already doing anyway for certain things. I go to Adobe to get my Audition questions answered - I don't go to the Audition forum here. But on that last note, if I compare the utility of the Audition forum to the utility of a forum dedicated to tablet recording, I'd have to say that the latter would win hands down.

Memory.... you forgot memory..

Nobody is laughing at them. People are just pointing out that we don need another board to accommodate them. We have far too many sub sections already...

Mate,

We do not need an ipad forum. We have 44 boards already. The ipad does nothing that a basic laptop can't do better. Note, I said basic NOT "big bad ass System"... I'll say it again in big letters for you

THE IPAD DOES NOTHING THAT A BASIC LAPTOP CAN NOT DO BETTER FASTER CHEAPER EASIER

There now go and plead for a basic laptop board.... we obviously need one so we can ask questions in it that we should be asking elsewhere in on of 44 boards.

The iPad is cool, it's small. it's limited, enjoy it for what it is. I do that with my Android tablets. They are useful... they are not special..

No Mut, YOU DON'T NEED AN IPAD FORUM

What you fail to see is if this was a place where only the absolute best interface and computer software were only worthy of having a thread about this place would be a ghost town... You got here in 2006...Based on the stats and user views back then if not for the Cave this BBS would have never merited being purchased by Audiofanzine...that section of the BBS really has nothing at all to do with recording but more of a cyber digital watering hole for musician types to bull shit.

To keep this BBS alive and profitable the owners need to keep it updated and current... YOU don't need or want a iPad section but the world at large can use it and it will help grow this BBS...that is the blatant obvious valid reason and fact that you keep skirting to avoid "clutter and dumb ignorant newbs".

No Mut, YOU DON'T NEED AN IPAD FORUM
[/COLOR]

What you fail to see is if this was a place where only the absolute best interface and computer software were only worthy of having a thread about this place would be a ghost town... You got here in 2006...Based on the stats and user views back then if not for the Cave this BBS would have never merited being purchased by Audiofanzine...that section of the BBS really has nothing at all to do with recording but more of a cyber digital watering hole for musician types to bull shit.

To keep this BBS alive and profitable the owners need to keep it updated and current... YOU don't need or want a iPad section but the world at large can use it and it will help grow this BBS...that is the blatant obvious valid reason and fact that you keep skirting to avoid "clutter and dumb ignorant newbs".

:facepalm:

I'd say lump all the tablet recording devices together, but because of the latency issues I described earlier, the only one capable of making quality recordings is the iPad. I doubt seriously that I'll ever do much/any recording on an iPad, but I won't deny that the technology is outstanding and getting better everyday. If I was a college age chap with a limited budget I'd be all over the iPad. I hate the Singing and Vocals forum, but since they won't get rid of that lame bullshit, I just ignore it. If people don't like the iPad forum I guess they can do the same. LOL!:eatpopcorn:

In the HR forums and sub-forums we make no distinction between desktop and laptop computers. Nor do we distinguish between computer-based recordings and stand-alone digital recorders.

We do, however, distinguish between analog and digital.

We maybe distinguish between computers and stand-alones to the extent that they are associated with brands.

Is the distinction between ipads and computers as marked as that between digital and analog?

I can't see that it is.

The case of a separate forum, in my view, has yet to be made.

In the HR forums and sub-forums we make no distinction between desktop and laptop computers. Nor do we distinguish between computer-based recordings and stand-alone digital recorders.

We do, however, distinguish between analog and digital.

We maybe distinguish between computers and stand-alones to the extent that they are associated with brands.

Is the distinction between ipads and computers as marked as that between digital and analog?

I can't see that it is.

Here is what your Administrator had to say about this topic: Chater-La
user-offline.png
Administrator
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png

Join DateMar 2009Posts2,463Thanks0Thanked 6 Times in 4 PostsRep Power1000000​

Regarding SEO, yes we can create an ipad forum and watch all kinds of new people come here :-) Veterans here who are old school might scoff at this new cheap low quality way of recording. But at the same time it is liberating in a way and fun, capturing a moment in rehearsal or on the go. I'll discuss with Calimoose. We need to search for existing threads to populate the forum with.​

Last edited:

I can't see that it is.

IMO recording on a PC or an iPad is very different. Not just iPad but tablets, smartphones all these on-the-go gadgets. I think the mobility aspect of these devices changes everything.

We had a good crowd, loads of them got pissed off with the way this site was managed and drifted off..

We had a load of people who know how to record, loads of them got pissed off with the way this site was managed and drifted off..

We had a fair few indusrty pro's, loads of them got pissed off with the way this site was managed and drifted off..

We seem to be good at attracting more idiots though...;)

Inaccurate. Exaggerated. And you are still here, so what does that say?

Here is what your Administrator had to say about this topic: Chater-La
user-offline.png
Administrator
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png

Join DateMar 2009Posts2,463Thanks0Thanked 6 Times in 4 PostsRep Power1000000​

Regarding SEO, yes we can create an ipad forum and watch all kinds of new people come here :-) Veterans here who are old school might scoff at this new cheap low quality way of recording. But at the same time it is liberating in a way and fun, capturing a moment in rehearsal or on the go. I'll discuss with Calimoose. We need to search for existing threads to populate the forum with.​

You may have noticed that I said "in my view".

I'm not an employee of HR, and I am not obliged to have an opinion the same as Chater-La's (or anyone else's).

However, I'm not likely to slit my wrists or bang a brick wall against my head in outraged umbrage should a forum for on-the-go gadgets appear.

Inaccurate. Exaggerated.

:facepalm:

Just like in the previous thread when the list of a dozen names I was challenged to provide and did so you chose to ignore it. You can deny it all you like but there are LOT of good knowledgeable people that used to contribute here that no longer do. There are good number of people that left because they didn't want the PC screen to resemble a neon advertising billboard. There are good number of people that left because nothing was done to try and moderate fairly and equitably.

And you are still here, so what does that say?

Maybe because you don't like me and it pisses you off that people challenge what you have done here.. I can't help it that you can not recognize that this place is no longer as good as it was.

You may have noticed that I said "in my view".

I'm not an employee of HR, and I am not obliged to have an opinion the same as Chater-La's (or anyone else's).

However, I'm not likely to slit my wrists or bang a brick wall against my head in outraged umbrage should a forum for on-the-go gadgets appear.
My mistake then. Someone told me that you're a mod.

I think an iPad forum would be cool. It's a pretty big field for those who don't know! Would probably get some good attention.

Back