Post Your Analog Recordings Here...

I recorded this song to my son Friday the 22nd to post on my fb page on the 23rd. The 23rd marked 1 year since the loss on my son. The song came to me about 3 months earlier. A little rough as I did this alone, start to finish, in 6-1/2 hours. It is what it is. I will come back to it & redo some tracks. I was racing, in my mind, against time on this one. Ramsa T820 board, Tascam MSR 16, Sony W33 CD Recorder.

Last edited:
I recorded this song to my son Friday the 22nd to post on my fb page on the 23rd. The 23rd marked 1 year since the loss on my son. The song came to me about 3 months earlier. A little rough as I did this alone, start to finish, in 6-1/2 hours. It is what it is. I will come back to it & redo some tracks. I was racing, in my mind, against time on this one. Ramsa T820 board, Tascam MSR 16, Sony W33 CD Recorder.

Hey That's a really nice song you wrote for your son. Sorry about your loss. The recording sounds great.
Keep it up.

Here is another song I just finished, recorded on my Tascam 388.
It sounds good to me coming from my monitors,headphones and in my car, but not that good on my crappy speakers attached to my laptop.
This one came to me yesterday.Kinda wrote it on the spot.
Enjoy????

Here is another song I just finished, recorded on my Tascam 388.
It sounds good to me coming from my monitors,headphones and in my car, but not that good on my crappy speakers attached to my laptop.
This one came to me yesterday.Kinda wrote it on the spot.
Enjoy????

That is rather catchy.

My band is about to have it's second album released, the whole thing was recorded and mixed on a 388. Two songs are available to preview:

https://soundcloud.com/easyriderrecords/slow-season-sixty-eight

Slow Season - Endless Mountain | Mountains | RidingEasy Records - YouTube

Now we've got two MS-16's I just bought and are going to start on the third record this winter, excited.

Love it!!!!! I remember hearing your other album too.Love that too. This stuff is right up my alley.
Well done

Only half kidding of course. My Polymoog quit on me and I haven't repaired it yet.

The main thing I seem to have learned in my recording career is that doing things the most difficult and time-consuming way always produces the best-sounding results, and anyone that says otherwise is probably trying to sell you something

Only half kidding of course. My Polymoog quit on me and I haven't repaired it yet.

Makes sense. I don't know much about them but I know they have a reputation for doing that.

Incidentally, did you ever get anywhere with that tape copy of Truck Month and the EP?

The main thing I seem to have learned in my recording career is that doing things the most difficult and time-consuming way always produces the best-sounding results, and anyone that says otherwise is probably trying to sell you something

Haha I concur.

The synth stack sounds great on your upload! I really loved the dry drum sound and the backward cymbal wash too. Good luck with the new record!

My band used a bit of backwards cymbal on this song, which we just made a super 8 vid for:
"Sad Emporia" by Freelove Fenner on Vimeo
This will probably be our last super 8 clip from this record. We're starting a new one this month too.

did you ever get anywhere with that tape copy of Truck Month and the EP?
The scrape flutter idler on my MTR-10 got screwed up and was adding gross bearing noise sidebands to everything (esp. test tones...) I removed it and it's better but of course the machine is back to the scrape flutter level of an MX-5050 or something. (I assumed this was OK to do since it barely affects the tape path geometry, my friend's MTR-10 has a timecode head instead of an idler). I've got to get JRF to look at the idler and then I'll be able to do the dubs with confidence.

My band used a bit of backwards cymbal on this song, which we just made a super 8 vid for:
"Sad Emporia" by Freelove Fenner on Vimeo
This will probably be our last super 8 clip from this record. We're starting a new one this month too.

Wow! Your recording and mix sounds great. Sounds like we both go for the exact same drum aesthetic.

Also, that's a stunningly good super 8mm transfer. I shot a lot of stuff for my music videos on S8. I rigged my own telecine by designing a circuit to phase-lock the projector motor to my video camera's output (giving an exact 19.98fps transfer without any frame blending or flicker,) but of course the image quality is only as good as the video camera (principally deficient in dynamic range). This was back when I had no money and infinite time...

On a similar note I recorded and mixed this for some Austin friends using my Fostex R8... another guy did the super 8 clip (they wanted me to appear as Tape Satan around 1:40 in)

Last edited:
Back