Would anyone care to post up their stereo drum tracks?

Armistice

Son of Yoda
Why?

I'm not a drummer, nor can I access a drummer, so I'm an Addictive Drummer...

I'm getting reasonably good at programming and I really do position and adjust every hit, rather than loop and cut and paste, so I can build dynamics throughout the particular song, but I'm realising that, as a non-drummer, I don't really know what the fuck a real drummer would actually be doing in any given situation... I can only emulate what I hear, and I'm sure there's a bunch of subtle stuff going on that I'm not really hearing so well, or well enough to actually work out what it is, because there's always music and singing attached...

I thought that if I could hear some actual real drummers doing their stuff, without any accompanying music, I might learn a few new things.

So if anyone would care to post up some examples of just their drums, I'd consider it a favour!

I'm sort of in the pop/rock genre, and I do like complicated drumming... but happy to listen to anything.

Cheers:)

Sure... anything's good Greg... and they're probably way less dumb than I'd program them... :thumbs up:

Haha, well by "dumb" I mean they're not complicated at all. There are no accents or dynamics in my drumming. It's all boom whack crash. If you go into the "mix this" section, I've got some tracks in there. Or I can scrape something up for you tomorrow. Tomorrow meaning my time in the south central US. I have no idea what day or month or year it is in australia. :D

Haha, well by "dumb" I mean they're not complicated at all. There are no accents or dynamics in my drumming. It's all boom whack crash. If you go into the "mix this" section, I've got some tracks in there. Or I can scrape something up for you tomorrow. Tomorrow meaning my time in the south central US. I have no idea what day or month or year it is in australia. :D

It's about 1970, mid-morning over here... :laughings:

I'll wander over to the mix this forum and see what I can nab - didn't think of that... and I'm sure I'll learn something.... even putting a proper, drummed, simple snare fill into Reaper and looking and listening to what's happening will improve my snare fill programming, which is average.

And hearing the level of actual volume / tone / placement variation in successive hi-hat or ride hits will give me an idea of how to make what I'm doing more real... for instance I have 4 different closed hi-hat sounds in Addictive and I'll be stuffed if I know exactly how to use them, but just listening to someone beating away on a real hi hat will be informative...

Cheers

Armi, send me your e-mail addy. I'll send you a link to about 20 of my drum tracks free. I wanted to send you here: Custom Drum Trax but I realized that the preview feature isn't working on my site. But I can send you a link to download all the tracks. :cool:

Last edited:
OK, so my web host fixed my preview issue. If you don't want to download the tracks, you can go here: Custom Drum Trax and listen to as many drum tracks as you want. If you do want to download the tracks, just send me your e-mail addy. :cool:

There ya go. If you want some good drum tracks to reference, use Rami's. He's by far the best drummer in here that I know of. And I aint just blowing smoke. That southpaw can play.

I'm definitely the best left-handed Canadian drummer born in Cairo on my street. :eek:

Hey Greg, while we're waiting for Armi to come back....Have you ever checked out NFL Films' "Lost Treasures" series? I'm not a big modern NFL fan, but I love documentaries and historical stuff. I've watched every film in that series. It's awesome. The Lost Treasure series is all previously un-seen stuff that has never been shown and it's the best shit going.

If you ever have the time and you're into this kind of stuff, check it out.

This one os my favorite of the series: Lost Treasures X Super Bowls 1 7 - YouTube

Sorry guys, I probably should have PM'd Greg for this. But I was too lazy and I was already on this page when it crossed my mind.

Hey thanks Rami - will do - I was trying to download Greg's from the Mis This forum but they don't let us access personal storage sites at work and I haven't been home much at night lately, so will have a crack this weekend... and I saw your trax on your site when I was listening to your latest choon in the clinic and I thought I must go and have a listen. I might pick one or two and I'll PM you an email address.

It might sound weird but seeing I have to work in a grid with MIDI, seeing how real drums plot in time and volume, especially on fills etc. will take a lot of the guesswork out of it for me - what I'm doing sounds sort of OK, but it's not "right" and I can't figure out what "right" actually is via MIDI.

Cheers dudes... get back to you over the weekend...

Ok, I'll throw one out. Don't forget, I'm a bass player. I just play a drummer on TV. :)

This was for a guitar player in Melbourne early last year. Joe Matera. I admit, I was drinking when I played this. Lots of slop, and you can hear the punches as I hadn't actually learned the song. These were my first crappy OH mics and B8 crashes.

Attachments

• Endless Summer Drums Only.mp3
    8 MB · Views: 12
  • Endless Summer Mix.mp3
    8 MB · Views: 4
OK - I play along too. Background:

One of the current guitarists I play with toured in Japan with a progmetal-act a decade ago, then he wrote his own album, but recorded it with programmed drums (mouse/keyboard I assume). That's the version with the vox below. I had no part in that one. Now we aim to redo this for real, and yesterday evening I fiddled around with one of the tunes to the backing track to see what may be suitable. First take, mind you, so the instrumental DT-inspired part in the middle I'm not too pleased with as of yet. Let me know if you want to check the stems for this. Only have seven tracks though:

View attachment Aint Givin In.mp3
View attachment mixdown-AGI-131003.mp3

Ok, I'll throw one out. Don't forget, I'm a bass player. I just play a drummer on TV. :)

This was for a guitar player in Melbourne early last year. Joe Matera. I admit, I was drinking when I played this. Lots of slop, and you can hear the punches as I hadn't actually learned the song. These were my first crappy OH mics and B8 crashes.

Thanks Jimmy! Is there nothing you can't do?:eek::)

It would be more fun for you to post one of your songs, with no percussion ,and let everyone play over the top....just an idea?

Back