Are real drummers "extinct?"

Lol. I aint trying to start a fight. I've just been around here long enough, and have seen it enough times to know when someone is fishing for clicks. :D

I know man .... I'm just waiting on him!
Ah .... here we go!

:D

Well gee Greg, I hate to tell you bud, but I THINK that every time you post a comment, your signature just happens to provide the world with every freakin link to your music right? roflmao...gotta love your style! Peace :)

No doubt. I think that's pretty normal round here. People put links in their sig line. I'm not trying to trick people into clicking on it though. I'm not jumping from forum to forum actively jamming it into every post. It's just there. You can turn sigs off and not see it at all. :thumbs up:

Drums are really worky to set up and tear down. My theory is that this fact makes drummers less likely to get involved in whimsical projects, or one-set gigs, because they understandably dread the before/after work. I had to get my own drumset to get my drummer friends to play with me. As a practical matter, I'd say they're "endangered" - at least when it comes to the sloppy stuff I'm doing.

And then, I had a good one playing with my cover band - he didn't know what songs we were playing, but it still worked - until I sent him the song list - then I got a text about 3 weeks before the next gig:

"Nothing personal but I'm going to back out of that thing on the [date] I don't wanna play any of those songs I can't stand any of them"

lol - but having the set paid off - we managed to get a replacement

edit - with the kit and mics in place, I spend a *lot* less time recording real drums than trying to make samples work.

No doubt. I think that's pretty normal round here. People put links in their sig line. I'm not trying to trick people into clicking on it though. I'm not jumping from forum to forum actively jamming it into every post. It's just there. You can turn sigs off and not see it at all. :thumbs up:

I post to the appropriate forums here where they allow music links so I beg to ask the question WTF does it matter to you? Let me show you one of my sneaky, tricky tricks folks..here goes!! BEWARE!!..you may be tricked!! LOL SoundClick artist: Pentultima - All songs recorded by PENTULTIMA . Copyright Lu Ruello.

I post to the appropriate forums here where they allow music links so I beg to ask the question WTF does it matter to you? Let me show you one of my sneaky, tricky tricks folks..here goes!! BEWARE!!..you may be tricked!! LOL SoundClick artist: Pentultima - All songs recorded by PENTULTIMA . Copyright Lu Ruello.

It doesn't matter to me at all. I don't click your links, or links form any other "look at me!" types. I think that's kind of sad, but that's just me. You certainly are free to spam the place up as long as no one minds. I had you pegged so I'm just making conversation. :)

It doesn't matter to me at all. I don't click your links, or links form any other "look at me!" types. I think that's kind of sad, but that's just me. You certainly are free to spam the place up as long as no one minds. I had you pegged so I'm just making conversation. :)

I think its kinda sad you posted in another forum here how "only fools" try to sell their music on homerecording.com and here you are with a BUY IT link in your sig. Sad indeed! It's not spam dude..its PROMO-allowed pages..how long you been here and still don't know the rules? :)

I think its kinda sad you posted in another forum here how "only fools" try to sell their music on homerecording.com and here you are with a BUY IT link in your sig. Sad indeed! It's not spam dude..its PROMO-allowed pages..how long you been here and still don't know the rules? :)

Gerg's CD proceeds go to March of Dimes, you might not want to push that particular point if you don't want to come off as a callous and terrible person!

That being said, including a link to your site in your signature of forums like this is basically the best SEO ever (provided you remember to post to the forum often).

Hear is a link .....

Redirecting...

You and Lukesteele are already friends
Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

you posted in another forum here how "only fools" try to sell their music on homerecording.com

For the record, I don't recall ever saying this. If I said anything close to this, I suspect my words were taken out of context or misunderstood.

Back