Post Your Outrageous Junkbay Price Listings Here.

Quantegy 457 Grand Master Blank Reel to Reel Tape - eBay (item 350447274987 end time Apr-12-11 18:59:24 PDT)

The seller is acc4289 and he should be avoided at all costs. Here he has used 7" 457 for $32.99 each Buy-it-Now. That's more than this goes for new in box. Reading one of his listings reveals he knows just enough to be dangerous. he seems to justify selling used tape for these high prices because he claims he, "Tests" each tape. He also provides erroneous information about tape in general. What he doesn't know is that neither Quantegy nor Maxell need to be, "Tested." Neither suffer from sticky shed or loss of lubricant. More importantly... DON'T BUY USED TAPE!!!

Here's another absolutely absurd Buy-it-Now.

10 Maxell XLI 35-90B(N) Tested Reel to Reel Tapes - eBay (item 350444606614 end time Apr-02-11 19:57:55 PDT)

He wants $279.99 for 10 used Maxell XLI 35-90B. He calls them "Tested." What you should be reading when he says that is the word, "Used." This one he calls a, "Maxell XLI Tape Blowout!" Yeah, like a tire blowout in the middle of the night on a deserted highway... it's something you don't want! LOL :D :p

Holy B’cheeses! Some stupid fudrucker bought the ten used Maxell 35-90B for $279.00. :facepalm: And he’s selling his other used tapes like crazy for more than they sell for new. I’ve got to hand it to him for being a resourceful salesmen, making used tape sound better than new. And like many good salesmen his facts are bullshit… but evidently happily eaten up by the gullible. One clever thing he does is to put open tapes in new plastic sleeves. Even though he clearly lists them as used the eye helps trick the buyer into seeing new. And perhaps some think he is the foolish one because the tapes have that shiny plastic look like they are sealed. Or none of the above, and he just has a pact with Satan to take his firstborn… or all the buyer’s parents had a pact with Satan to make their children stupid in exchange for a 32” TV and weekends off. Some people are too easy. IMO parenting should be taken more seriously and Satan should be left out of it.

You know what’s funny, I have ten sealed new 35-90B and if I put them on ebay for $279.00 I know I wouldn’t even get a bite because they’re not, “Tested.” LOL :D :drunk:

You know what’s funny, I have ten sealed new 35-90B and if I put them on ebay for $279.00 I know I wouldn’t even get a bite because they’re not, “Tested.” LOL :D :drunk:

That's an easy one. Just open them up and list as tested. :p
p.s.
Don't forget to use the word "Top" in your description ... and use it often. ;)

take it easy ....
heh heh heh :D:drunk::D

whatcha'mean you never know what you gonna get?!!!!

TESTED!

:p

Attachments

• tested.jpg
    tested.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 58
Here's one...there's a guy parting out an MCI 618 console which is swell because most parts other than patch bays will work fine for my 636.

So I have a spare module that's missing some EQ/send knobs...so I see this guy is selling the knobs I need...

Old used KNOBS...for ten bucks a pop! No pots, just the knob caps...

MCI JH-600 RED 1/8" ROUND KNOB for MCI SOUND MODULE - eBay (item 160565684001 end time Apr-27-11 20:11:22 PDT)

Now...the thing is, I guess I need 4 or 6 knobs...so that's gonna be $40-60...or I could buy his whole complete channel module in an other listing for $60 (and it even has all the knobs)...derrrr.....

This just keeps gettin' better and better. How about a $3,500.00 starting bid for an Otari Otari 50-50 BII??????????

It's back and even more expensive... $20.00 more than he was selling this crap for last time.

10 Maxell XLI 35-90B(N) Tested Reel to Reel Tapes $299.00

10 Maxell XLI 35-90B(N) Tested Reel to Reel Tapes | eBay

The seller is acc4289 and I've always been annoyed by him in much the same way as I was by Bill at tapeandtape. Same sort of misinformation and just all around silliness in the listings about "One-pass tape." Guys like these make an already confusing analog landscape even more difficult to navigate with their self-proclaimed expertise. We don't need them. I wouldn't buy a paper clip from this guy.

I finally got eBay to give tapeandtape the boot. It took a long time and persistence… many complaints, but his account is currently suspended. He can buy, but not sell at the moment. Not sure if that's permanently or just for a longer period than last time… maybe six months. He keeps violating eBay rules and I kept reporting it. So I didn't get him for selling bad tape because eBay has no idea about that. I got him like Eliot Ness got Al Capone... sort of eBay's version of tax evasion. It was a technicality. Moral of the story... we can make a difference if we don't just ignore these charlatans.

... like Eliot Ness ....

Uh!!! Eliot Ness! - an American Hero! Britney Spears of "Law" Enforcement!
;)
...anyway,
Great Job, Tim!
And the Man himself (with a little help from Robert and friends :) ) is sending you a CHEERS photo-message (see attached).
CHEERS!
:D:drunk::D

Attachments

• stay_sober.jpg
    stay_sober.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 67
Back