Download and Mix Contest

Here is a judging idea:

What if everyone who created a mix send mshilarious their top 10 mixes in order, best (10) to worse(1). Mshilarious would then create a list of the top three based on who got the most “highest” votes. Of course we would have to set a deadline for us to get the lists to him.

good idea.

I think that would turn it into a popularity contest. I vote to just use Mshilarious's picks whatever they may be. Whatever comes of it I think this contest met it goals from all the obvious improvements in the mixes as we went along.

Here is a judging idea:

What if everyone who created a mix send mshilarious their top 10 mixes in order, best (10) to worse(1). Mshilarious would then create a list of the top three based on who got the most “highest” votes. Of course we would have to set a deadline for us to get the lists to him.

MS has already judged... I'd rather go with his thoughts than have to listen to all them mixes over a few times to compile another list and have another deadline and another chance of someone not meeting it.

We all had fun and probably learned something in the process so lets just go with what we already have :)

MS has already judged... I'd rather go with his thoughts than have to listen to all them mixes over a few times to compile another list and have another deadline and another chance of someone not meeting it.

We all had fun and probably learned something in the process so lets just go with what we already have :)

That sounds good to me too.

I liked fishmeds mix the best...if he says he liked mine best we're gonna need one more vote either way for the decider. :D

Sorry guys, Xfinster hasn't submitted his judging, I don't have time right now, and MSHilarious doesn't accept PM's. So hopefully he will see this and post his results.

Also, I hate to admit it, but it's true. This is really my band, and I just wanted a free PRO mix. :( Sorry.

PS - That was Sarcasm in case you missed it! :D :D D:D D:D D:D

Well, I will post my results, with a few caveats:

I am not going to appoint a winner all by myself, so I took my list, broke it into thirds, and sorted within each third by name. So no, BushmasterM4 isn't necessarily the winner.

I also removed the Mix Quality rating, which is entirely subjective. It still counted for score in the top/middle/bottom thirds, but since you can't see it, you won't be able to derive a winner from the scores shown.

So, for what it's worth:

Liked my mix, huh?

I kinda figured it would be poorly received, and it was - lol... Oh, well...

edit: I'm gonna put this on my list of credits, heh. "Last place in the HR contest".

Last edited:
Liked my mix, huh?

I kinda figured it would be poorly received, and it was - lol... Oh, well...

edit: I'm gonna put this on my list of credits, heh. "Last place in the HR contest".

Well, it was distorted to the point of nearly being white noise. I don't know what else to tell ya . . .

Well, it was distorted to the point of nearly being white noise. I don't know what else to tell ya . . .

Hmmmm.....really? Distorted?

I'll have to check it out later. I can't play it right now. That sucks, though....sorry. :( Lol, you don't have to tell me anything - if it sucks, it sucks! My skin is pretty thick, heh...

Oh yea - thanks for taking the time to be the lone judge on this, too! We all appreciate it.

Well, I just listened to it, and damn...I'll agree it's a bad mix...I don't really know what I was thinking. I was trying to carve a sound out of the tracks that just wasn't there, I guess. Obviously, I am a fan of compression - and sometimes I don't realize at the time when I am overdoing it.

How embarrassing, heh... Live and learn (and all that stuff). It's not the first time I've regretted some mix decisions when listening to it later, and I'm sure it won't be the last, either. Congrats to the winners, though! (Or to the high-scorers, I guess, since he said there's not a definite winner).

Woo! Top 11!
After listening to my final mix, I kind of wish I would have stayed with one of the earlier ones. Oh well, it was fun!

HA!

You got to take part for free. What more do you want? You can't buy experience like this.

I guess you don't pick up on sarcasm very well :P Read back a couple pages

Back