DAW Users With ADD

Not quite sure how Eli gets the MVP award. :confused: :confused:
That should have gone to the Giants defense.

The final drive was definitely not surgical, and was saved by a spectacular catch by Tyree. But the Giants still deserved to win. They outplayed the Pats, and held them to 14 points. Brady laughing at Burress' prediction that they would only score 17 probably don't seem so funny now.

NY Giants Superbowl XLII Champs!!!
I agree about the MVP thing,so does everyone else I talked to about the game.

I really got to hand it to the Giants this might end up as one of the classic playoff runs of all time.Beating two 13-3 teams on the road and then an undefeated team on a neutral site,not to mention Tampa Bay(road bump).They played tough hard ass football and punched the Patriots in the mouth.Brady looked shell shocked and probably spent as much time on the ground yesterday as he did all season.

Still the Giants offense doesn't scare me.They hold on to the ball but can't punch it in.The one play by Eli was classic though,expect to be seeing that replayed a lot.Reminded me of Brett Favre.;)

As for the Patriots,they looked rather ordinary,if they would've won Welker should 've been the MVP.I think the curse of Moss caught up with the Patriots.:eek:This changes the legacy of the dynasty immensely.

LATER!!!!

Still the Giants offense doesn't scare me.They hold on to the ball but can't punch it in.
I have to agree. They won each of their last 3 games by just 3 or 4 points - despite pretty much dominating all 3 games.

And for all the hype that Brandon Jacobs gets for being a 260 lb. running back, he sure seems to go down pretty easily.

The Giants of the 80's however were similar. An offense that wasn't spectacular, but didn't hurt them, and a tough defense.

I still don't understand the Eli hype. Basically they just got smart with him. Simplified the game plan and allowed him to eliminate his mistakes.

I also agree about Welker. If the Pats won, he was definitely the MVP. And it felt good to see Brady look ordinary for a change. I'm mystified as to why they never changed their game plan to offset the pressure he was getting. I can still remember Marino taking it to the '85 Bears. That defense was awesome, but he countered it with short drops, quick releases, and short passes. Yet the Pats continued to play their same game. :confused:

So when do you think Chuck will come out of hiding? :D :D

So when do you think Chuck will come out of hiding? :D :D

Hiding? Check your cell phone. I called you right after the game and left a message.

My impressions:

Giants D was great. Eli made some pretty good decisions under pressure. Peyton, take notes.

Patriot coaching took the game off. Going on 4th down with a makeable FG staring them in the face. Bet they would have liked those 3 pts at the end.

Play-calling never adjusted to the Giant pressure.

As hard as it is to find fault with a unit that held the opposition to 10 points for 59 minutes, the Patriot defense missed four opportunities to end the game on the last Giant drive. The offense carried them all year. This was the case against Indy last year in the AFC championship.

Hiding? Check your cell phone. I called you right after the game and left a message.

My impressions:

Giants D was great. Eli made some pretty good decisions under pressure. Peyton, take notes.

Patriot coaching took the game off. Going on 4th down with a makeable FG staring them in the face. Bet they would have liked those 3 pts at the end.

Play-calling never adjusted to the Giant pressure.

As hard as it is to find fault with a unit that held the opposition to 10 points for 59 minutes, the Patriot defense missed four opportunities to end the game on the last Giant drive. The offense carried them all year. This was the case against Indy last year in the AFC championship.
Yeah, I usually only turn on my cell when I go out... and I haven't gone out today. :o :o

I agree with just about everything you said. I've always felt that Bellichek was one of the smartest coaches going... even way back when he was the D-coordinator for the Giants. But I'm a little puzzled as to what he was watching yesterday. :confused: :confused:

Anyway, congrats on a pretty remarkable season... although I'm sure this wasn't the ending you were hoping for.

Superbowl I fell asleep at 3-7 to the Pats and woke up to find the Giants had won with a touchdown in the last minute.:) So congratulations Mike and commiserations Chuck.

Back home now to rain and the cold:(

Super Tuesday I am already sick of the US elections so I just don't know how you guys get to deal with all the hype surrounding this one. Have you voted yet? I know Mike has got a vote today but unsure if Chuck and Guy has.

I feel that far too much emphasis is being placed on politicians ability to look good on television instead of their ability to use their intellect, management and leadership.:( Personally, I wouldn't want to vote for any party that has me as a member.;)

Of course I would vote for the Vacation Party if there ever was one:p

:)

Have a good one!!!!:D

Last edited:
Super Tuesday
Not in Wisconsin it aint.
I'm really sick of the election already and I don't like a one of the candidates.:mad:

Work
It's getting thin,I worked just long enough to get covered in cowshit today and the whole shop is shutting down tomorrow in anticipation of a major snowstorm.Had we been busy we probably wouldn't be shutting down.

The weather has been horrible all year,either it's snowing,raining,below zero or too warm which is bad because the snow is melting and besides being a mess the ground is loose.Give me three weeks of 25 degrees and no snow and I'll be happy.:)

LATER!!!

Don't send that frickin' stuff here. :eek: I'm trying to get through this winter without ever having had to shovel. Early Feb., and so far so good.

Which probably means we can expect about 100 inches in March. :( :(

I get the added joy of what's called "lake effect snow" which means more than eveyone inland.:(

If the Giants keep winning championships they might catch up to the Packers.:D

Yeah, the Roman Empire was great once, too. :p :p

However, if we look at more recent history, say the last 20 years or so, the Giants have 3 titles and the Packers have, ah.... 1.
:D

Football is dead to me. Pitchers and catchers report in two weeks....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm a little worried about the baseball prospects. Yanks went out in the first round last year, and have done nothing over the winter except to resign the same players. :( :(

However, I can still bask in the glow of the Giants for awhile yet. :D

It's official.....

I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF WINTER!
and cowpoop too.

I still don't feel better.:(

I'm calling up a contractor today and I'm probably going to set the wheels in motion for remodeling the downstairs bathroom,also I'm thinking of doing a mild facelift for te kitchen.It looks like I'm going back in debt again but I'll be doing my part to stimulate the economy.Plus there's the fact I've had the ceiling ripped out of my bathroom for four years.:D

So what are you doing to stimulate the economy?Nobody buys gear around here anymore.:(

LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back