Who's Pro Tools Certified?

monkie

I'm just curious but who here in this forum is Pro Tools certified? If yes, what level are you?

I was closed but I dropped out of school. Hehe...:D

Thanks for participating.

I'm just curious but who here in this forum is Pro Tools certified? If yes, what level are you?

I was closed but I dropped out of school. Hehe...:D

Thanks for participating.

I used to be 210 certified, and I can tell you, those digidesign certifications have nothing to do with how well you can operate Pro Tools. First of all the test is multiple guess format online, and secondly a lot of the questions on the test are more representative of a person getting a job at Guitar Center and selling Pro Tools as opposed to someone actually using it in a studio environment. At the same time though, from a clients perspective it sure does sound good to be able to tell them you're a certified operator.

BTW, what school were you going to before you dropped out?

I used to be 210 certified, and I can tell you, those digidesign certifications have nothing to do with how well you can operate Pro Tools. First of all the test is multiple guess format online, and secondly a lot of the questions on the test are more representative of a person getting a job at Guitar Center and selling Pro Tools as opposed to someone actually using it in a studio environment. At the same time though, from a clients perspective it sure does sound good to be able to tell them you're a certified operator.

BTW, what school were you going to before you dropped out?

I used go to IPR three years ago. I dropped out during my 210M Pro Tools Certification class. IPR is a pretty good school but for the money I don't think it's worth paying that much just to learn the stuff you can learn here in this forum for free. A lot of the stuff that I've learned in school are starting to fade away because at the time I didn't have any of the Pro Tools equipments to work with at home. I actually have to relearn everything over again. For that much money I'd rather get myself some really nice recording gears.

Where did you go to school?

I almost made it to 101 :D But was only getting it to put on my CV for a certain job.
The courses arent too great, unless you want to become a PT teacher. :P

Eck

I almost made it to 101 But was only getting it to put on my CV for a certain job.
The courses arent too great, unless you want to become a PT teacher. :P
Where did you go to school?

I'm not, but I found out something interesting at school.

I got to MTSU. The other day we were talking about updating all of the ProTools rigs on campus (good grief... we probably have 50 or 60, mostly 002Rs with LE, but we have about 6 HD systems in various studios) in our Mastering class.

When my teacher was asked why we don't have an educational agreement with ProTools so that we get free updates, she said that in order to do that, ProTools required that we taught their curriculum, and that was something we weren't willing to do. After reading some comments here about the certs, I think I understand why they didn't want to. :)

Just a thought... I'll probably still get certified eventually... maybe. :)

Brandon

i'm not certified, but i just finished a recording arts class that claims to teach more than the 210-level certification

whippee, right?

Ayr College in Ayr, Scotland, UK. (the only PT certified school in Scotland I'm sure)
Where did you go? You local?

Eck

lol, you know where i went =P

i went to ayr college where i did my hnc in sound production and where i am still doing my hnd in sound production....:D

lol, you know where i went =P

i went to ayr college where i did my hnc in sound production and where i am still doing my hnd in sound production....:D

Good luck with it.
Its meant to be the best audio school in Scotland!
It taught me a few things but mostly gave me the hunger to learn myself outside school.
I'm now and audio junky.

Eck

I'd be interested in knowing which people have certification or who claims that the certification is a joke.....and how many of those have a full time job working in a studio and running Pro Tools.

???

I'd be interested in knowing which people have certification or who claims that the certification is a joke.....and how many of those have a full time job working in a studio and running Pro Tools.

???

I don't think the audio courses are totally a joke but I do see it them as a way of the PT corporation trying to take over the audio production market kind of like Tescos have done for supermarkets. :P

Sorry if anyone finds my views insulting, they are not meant to be, juts my view on the way PT are doing their marketing.

Eck

Back