Dongle Crack for SX 2

In your esteemed opinion, do you think that Hector is;

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for nothing, but here goes, how many here record "cover songs" without paying the artist anything?

It is the law, and everyone does it, but it is just as wrong.

Actually, I have recorded one cover song in my whole life, and we had written permission to record it so they could review it to decide if we could use it.

Well, if I developed the software- I would never have named it "dongle".
It's funny and embarrassing at the same time:
"you wanna hear my new project? Cool, lemme insert my dongle"

This is just ridiculous. Everyone trolling to a dude who was daring enough to ask - let's admit it - a stupid question, though nothing about software piracy.
All this fighting with someone who's a student with no money (I'd have gone with Linux and Rosegarden, absolutely free), when there are big ass motherfuckers who have all the money in the world to buy software and hardware, but can't produce their own music.

Yes Timbaland, I'm talking about you.

Shame.

Round and round in circles we go. Round and round in circles we go. Round and round in circles we go. Round and round in circles we go. Round and round in circles we go. Round and round in circles we go. Round and round in circles we go. Round and round in circles we go. Round and round in circles we go. Round and round in circles we go.

Foranamo

:rolleyes:wow I agree some of you guys really have to get out of the studio a little more.

I’d like to see the definitive sociological study results proving that cracked software has hurt product sales.

because guess what geniuses and I’m a student of history with a large interest in sociology; there could be a large argument that as far as certain software pieces are concerned such as for example "Photoshop".

This effect (students using cracked versions) caused this software to become the standard.

The marketing principal is the same as the MP3 if you think about it; can be free but the freedom spreads the good products to newer markets.

perhaps it's this lack of understanding of these free market principals that causes at least some of the people flaming this poor guy to fail in the marketing of their own potential products whereas perhaps our friend hector with a free market system idea's and production knowledge will go on to produce a hit and set up a studio with a complete paid for package of Cubase software paid for in full.

The rule generally is learn it, use it, Pay for it when you can.
Everyone wins.

You are only a thief when you can afford it and still choose not to pay for it in my opinion, a student does not fit this profile.

Here is a lesson for the people, that in this reply I used to many big words:

Go and look at the Cubase forum; tell me how many people are registered?

Now go and look at the Pro Tools one.

Are we learning yet?

theblackBay said:
You are only a thief when you can afford it and still choose not to pay for it in my opinion, a student does not fit this profile.

Absolute tosh. I can't afford a Lotus Esprit, or a Subaru Impreza Turbo. I can't afford a Pro Tools HD setup, or a Mega Boogie Triple Rectifier... In fact, I can't even afford a new pair of sneakers right now. But you are saying that because I can't afford them, it's ok for me to just take them? Give over.

sorry there mate

I’ll tone it down a bit for you:

THIS EFFECT POSSIBLY BOOSTS SALES.

don't listen to me, listen to your friendly Corporate masters that have invested the millions into the sociological studies, they pretty much proved that among the greatest reason people download MP3 were because music had turned to shit and they buy an album for one good song and 11 songs of shit.
but then singles disappeared and the downloader’s never would have brought it anyway.
but hello! it opened markets.....wow!!

your not with me here are you.............. no.

the People that crack and don't buy probably were not going to buy anyway.

those that do pay for it found it because of the crack.

hey i encourage you to buy a HD system and make sure you run it at 192khz to get the best sound out of the midi ports.

max out your credit card to get it.
it's called the Darwin Theory.

are you familiar with that theory?

no sorry dude i'm joking with the darwin thing i'm just trying to make a point. peace:)

I think you're being just a little over the top BB....

....and unless you're selling the cover, or performing it in front of paying artists, there is no law being broken. Royalties are giving a "cut" of what you "earn"...to the original creator,and if you earn nothing, 1% of 0 is 0... So write your 0 dollar check and mail it to your artist today!

Also, sampling is now ok, even for selling...as long as it's not insulting the original work.

I will be the first to admit that I do this regarding software:

Download full versions of DAW software
Try each one to my knowledge
Find which one I like better
Delete them all
Buy legitimate software

Keep in mind that I don't publish/sell/promote/show/etc. the work that I do also gets deleted after the program gets deleted.

That's what I did with my DAW now... (cubase 4) Ask MSHilarious if my copy of Cubase is legitimate or not LOL

The trial versions of most DAW apps/plugins/etc. are a JOKE, and usually don't last nearly long enough to gain enough of a perspective to justify spending almost a thousand dollars on a piece of software...as well as have enough tracks to stress test your system to see how each perform...just my .02

.....and piracy has just driven the cost of products up, because out of 100 people who use X software, 90 stole it and 10 paid for it. The 10 percent then absorb the loss for the company (i.e. a 10 dollar product becomes a 100 dollar product). Obviously those are exaggerations, but they're there to illustrate a point. What does it matter how popular a product is if it's not being paid for?

It's like having a multi-platinum record that's never paid for. So you've sold 400 million records...you're piss broke and living in a cardboard box...LOL

Oooooook

but you just proved my point in principal by saying that you actually did do what I said has driven the market to the best product.

no?

what if you could NOT have used the Cubase ver (because of some exclusive peice of Cubase hardware) and only the cracked Logic so you spent a lot of time on the Logic system (just for arguments sake) would you have brought the Logic system? (they are so close together)

in fact the most innovative system i have seen yet in this regard is the URS system where by they do still have the Ilok (to their detriment they are cracked anyhow guys wake up) but i would not know about them had i not found them cracked.

now i will buy them all because they have such a good system of purchase the Rent then own system. plus packages.

over the top oh yeah right there with you i don't do things that arn't.

Sociological

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
montoya2.jpg

normally you would be right.

because
I’m Not very proficient with English.

Sociological

1. The study of human social behavior, especially the study of the origins, organization, institutions, and development of human society.
2. Analysis of a social institution or societal segment as a self-contained entity or in relation to society as a whole.
sociologic so'ci•o•log'ic (-ə-lŏj'ĭk) or so'ci•o•log'i•cal (-ĭ-kəl) adj.

no, that's what I meant.

To study a trend as to why people (humans) take the actions that they do on a macro level.

say for example, why do people crack software? what are the long term results?
does it hurt or help sales?

etc.

theblackBay said:
why do people crack software?

because they a) can't afford it and think that entitles them to something for free b) A childish rebellion against 'the man' c) can afford it but aren't willing to pay market price, so steal it instead.

theblackBay said:
what are the long term results?

software companies don't meet their target income predictions, meaning that people lose jobs, future projects get shitcanned, support of said product gets shitcanned, orthe company just plain goes out of business.

theblackBay said:
does it hurt or help sales?

Well, lets think about this one. People are stealing it, meaning they aren't buying it. If those people were buying it, the sales would be better. Yeah ok so they may not have bought it anyway, but that's beside the point. If nothing was available for free, they would have to buy it, or stop making shitty music, so yes, it lowers sales. What it does do, is cause the price to be vastly infalted to meet target income predicions, meaning that honest people like me end up paying £500 for it. This means that I effectively not only buy myself a copy of the software, but it also means that I buy it for a couple of other people too. The inflated price in turn also causes other people to either not buy it and look for a cheaper alternative, or steal it. But you can't blame them for inflating prices. They have to keep themselves in business.

legionserial

you were going so well..

until you hit that last question:

it sounded something like:

"i personally believe... that.........some....people .....don't have maps......as... such ...and....thus.....south African..........education.......in ....America....um... in..south Africa.."

no we would need to go and ask AVID ironically as they own both Stienberg and Digidesign.

are we all aware of that ? The same corporation owns both?

well we would need to say show me Digidesign current Profits as against Stienberg Current profits.

you see what you quoted here : "If nothing was available for free, they would have to buy it"

is called in economic terms a narrowing of the market exposure.

We can say a similar thing for Pro Tools as it is generally a narrow field i.e being primarily operated on a Mac system 10% of the computer market and often needing a 002 or 003 rack to operate.

mbox sales would have widened the market exposure but generally it's pretty narrow still.

we need to compare that to a wide market exposure system such as Cubase, and see if that extra market exposure indeed lead to increases of sales.

a good indication would be the last five years profit and income estimates including this year to date from the two divisions of the same corporation Avid.

I really don't have to see them.
the market system will always win if the product is good.

what you are talking about leads to low market exposure, bad backwards systems, inferior products and higher prices.

yes that's right HIGHER prices, you may disagree with me but you need to show some evidence as i am about to do:

a narrowing of any market leads to a monopoly a monopoly generally always leads to higher prices and lower quality.

now the example for the people that can't understand:

you cannot copy or crack a piece of outboard Gear can you?

lets vote and ask electrical engineers if it cost the thousands of dollars to make a valve compressor to justify the price.( I mean is valve technology still the magic art of the alchemists)
What we are looking at is the ultimate narrow market and an ultimate monopoly as the information and education field was also narrowed.
now I’m not saying those valve compressors were inferior products but for the price they were far far from perfect. (but that in essence is what gave them the sound also, the actual malfunction.)

Hmmm….higher price lower quality of features now what DAW does that remind me of….any Cubase or logic users tried Pro tools lately?

but my point is made, in fact i might check N-Track out as a DAW if i can see that it can do everything Cubase can do in regard to performance bounce down etc.

i might buy that and not upgrade my Cubase.

trust me you are wrong on this one, i know you think i'm an arrogant fuck but i told you i am an economic genius (not because I’m smart) just because everyone else got dumb somehow.. and I was immune.

I blame the sleeping Satellite.

Cusebassmann:

got any input on this one? yeah i'm in between things i'll dissappear soon. to your untold benifit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back