Some new panels with pics.

arcadeko

Illuminatius Overlordious
Made a 6" thick corner panel and a 3" thick wall panel.

Frequency reduction so far:
frequency-graph.jpg

24" face x 6"
ct1.jpg

ct2.jpg

16" x 48" x "3
panel1.jpg

panel2.jpg

panel3.jpg

next panels I will use cornerbead on the faces to keep them striaghter. Used them on the corner trap and they look great - I thought the extra wood on top and bottom of the panel would keep the lines straight on the flat panel but not quite.

I got a lot of extra roxul... :eek: Guess I will make some and put them on CL :D

still might make a mobo corner trap on wheels...

I got a lot of extra roxul... :eek: Guess I will make some and put them on CL :D

Looking good!

Def put a few up on CL. I've been making 6 absorbers at a time and putting them up there, getting a sell every other week or so. Just order more and repeat when they're gone. Great way to make a little extra money!

hell yeah ArcaDude! :guitar:

You do nice work. Good to see the proof in the freq sweep too.

Can I have yer bike? :)

I didn't take it out hardly at all this summer :( now it's getting super cold out.

wanna trade for a crotch rocket lol?!?! jk...but seriously, man do I regret not getting a cruiser :(.

What program are you using to take the measurements? I've been trying to find something free online so I can test out some of these ultratouch panels, but I just can't seem to find anything.

wanna trade for a crotch rocket lol?!?! jk...but seriously, man do I regret not getting a cruiser :(.

What program are you using to take the measurements? I've been trying to find something free online so I can test out some of these ultratouch panels, but I just can't seem to find anything.

REW - there is a link in the chronology thread if you cant find it, link at gearslutz too but i think you can just google it. I used the REW too but I also used the frequency sweep to record a wave in cubase, thats how i got the top graph

Which mic did you use for your test? Looks like this IS THE WAY to test your room!

I used a MXL 2010 set to omni mode. A condensor with a flatter response would work better - but since you can compare before and after it doesn't really matter what your mic graph looks like. The mic will have the same spikes in frequency before and after so as long as you use the same mic for your test you can see where the spikes change.

I used REW too but then I saw a video someone posted here of someone doing a test with this method and it seemed to make a lot more sense and was a lot easier to compare results.

I think I am going to try and write up a step by step guide when I get some time.

I am building a few more corner traps this week to try and get my 125Hz level down even more.

Back