Are these recording studios anygood

Hard Work

I'm looking at these studios to record some tracks and I'm looking for a studio where I can record and get my tracks mastered with good quality like something you would heard on an album in stores

Here are too links and if they aren't good what should I look for when choosing a studio to go to

www.audiolot.com

www.pacificastudios.com

best bet - figure out what you want to achieve in the recording and mix phase of your project, style, budget. then look around ar the studios in your area that seem to fit your budget and start by calling them and talking to the owner to see if they have experience with your type of music and see if you get a good feel from that person. then visit the studios you get a good feel from and talk to the person, in person, take a tour of the studio (maybe with other band members) and see if you still feel good about it. ask for references, most honest owners will not have a problem with that. check out some of the material recorded there, does it sound like what you think your stuff should sound like?

also, remember you don't have to have your mix done there, you can work with people remotely for mixing and mastering, but tracking has to be done where the facilities exist... :-) take a demo you've done with you as well so the owner/engineer can listen and get an idea. again, an honest person will tell you if they're not comfortable with your style or project and maybe even recommend somone who might be.

www.audiolot.com
www.pacificastudios.com

The first link looks more like a store than a recording studio. The second place just says protools, unless I missed their gear list.

Choosing a place that has gear (or access to gear) that you don't have or cannot afford but really want to utilize is a good criteria, but more importantly, it's the engineers who work there. There's more to recording then being an avid knob twiddler with a large ego. Just because someone talks a good game, doesn't mean they can actually make a nice recording.

Mastering is the same way, except to an even more finite level.

The way to decide where you want to record, and who you want to engineer and master your recordings, should be based on example work that the studio/engineers should be able to provide. If they just drop names, that's nice, good for them, wish them a nice day and go elsewhere. I don't know of a studio that would let you leave with a recording to evaluate, most studios will demonstrate their work in person, and be able to tell you something about the techniques used, things that went well, things that didn't go well, and so forth.

That would be my criteria.

Hard Work said:
I was talking about equipment wise, do these studios have good equipment

dunno, the lists weren't that great but better than what i have. not sure if that makes them a better studio though... the best studios have the best people and best vibe, equipment (IMHO) is a distant second. so if you're gonna spring for a couple of grand on a recording/mix session, I think you're better off finding the best engineers and place where you feel most comfortable since you want the best performance. good equipment can be used very poorly and if everyones uncomfortable with the sound of the room and the people running things, your performance is often going to degrade...

my 2¢...

Back