let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
I like the shelf pic, I used to have one of those little Behringer mixers. It seemed to cause more problems than help. It seemed to introduce quite a bit of noise into my mixes.

Nice setup though ...................... and where can I get a listen to some of your music?

There's a link in my intro thread in the Newbie forum (reposted in the BBS Feedback forum yesterday by request) to a little ditty I recorded when I got my first UB1202. It was a royal pain finding that post yesterday, so you're gonna have to dig it up yourself this time. :D

There's a link in my intro thread in the Newbie forum (reposted in the BBS Feedback forum yesterday by request) to a little ditty I recorded when I got my first UB1202. It was a royal pain finding that post yesterday, so you're gonna have to dig it up yourself this time. :D

Found it ....................... pretty cool.

Some of you guys have some pretty fancy stuff. Some of them are pushing the meaning of "home" recording :D. Here's my "man cave" complete with un-strategically placed foam and home stereo equipment running the monitors :eek:!!

Attachments

• B's home studio.jpg
    B's home studio.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,230
... un-strategically placed foam and home stereo equipment running the monitors :eek:!!

You never know when a wave is going to be tilted at a 45 degree angle when it hits the wall. At least you've got that covered! :D

My monitoring system is a home stereo. I ain't mad. :cool:

Here's an updated photo of my setup. Still lots to do. Monitors are too close to the wall, need room treatment, need a bigger monitor (two of them!). Oh...and a bigger lava lamp...very important. But it's a whole helluva lot of fun!!!

IMG_0301.jpg

Here's an updated photo of my setup. Still lots to do. Monitors are too close to the wall, need room treatment, need a bigger monitor (two of them!). Oh...and a bigger lava lamp...very important. But it's a whole helluva lot of fun!!!

View attachment 63844

hey nice setup similar to mine, and i have the same monitors/ monitor placement (up against the wall). I actually found it worse to move my monitors away from the wall creating a null type effect. this was at around 3' from the wall but doesn't happen when up against the wall. so i put mine up against the wall and put some aurolex foam on the wall behind them to help with some early reflections. also have diy bass traps in corners and around the room. the results might be different for you but thats what happened when i tried moving my monitors away from the wall.

hey nice setup similar to mine, and i have the same monitors/ monitor placement (up against the wall). I actually found it worse to move my monitors away from the wall creating a null type effect. this was at around 3' from the wall but doesn't happen when up against the wall. so i put mine up against the wall and put some aurolex foam on the wall behind them to help with some early reflections. also have diy bass traps in corners and around the room. the results might be different for you but thats what happened when i tried moving my monitors away from the wall.

Well, I need to do some treatment anyway, so maybe I'll try your suggestion before I go moving gear around. Thanks!

Ok, here goes...this used to be the garage and still looks like it from the outside. Hopefully the photo angles aren't too weird :

control room:
control_front6.jpg

from booth looking into recording room:
main_room.jpg

from recording room looking into booth:
vocal_booth.jpg

My Studio

I've been working on my basement studio. It's almost done. Just lacking some cabeling.

Here's the control room:

studio4.jpg

The desk is a 30" plain door attacked to a 2x2 wall cleat, resting on two 19" racks.

The rack gear in the white box on the top of the desk are the MIDI modules. The left audio pedestal are mostly guitar preamps. The right side audio rack has the pre-amps, effects, and amps.

Here's the live room:

Liveroom2.jpg

My guitar amp set up in the live room:

guitarrigliveroom.jpg

Here's the bass rig in the live room:

bassrigliveroom.jpg

Hope to go live in it in the next two weeks!

Back