instead of building something from scratch.....

I've been driving past this place for a number of years as a delivery driver and I'll tell you ez underscore, Lourdes has nothing on this place when it comes to Shrine-dom ! Forget the acoustics, they're so-so { I mean, come on ! Listen to the Barry Potter soundtrack and all them 60s records with their hard left panned drums !!}, it's the bloody tourists and graffitti merchants you want to worry about, not to mention the thousands of irate drivers each day that get forced to stop at that zebra crossing outside while they wait for worshippers to follow the Beatles' footsteps and try to scrape up Paul's foot DNA {like it would still be there 40 years on with all the rain London gets}. Not to mention the irritation and potential epilepsy triggers with all the camera flashes and the security risks of all those camcorders and mobile phone cams and the like. Of course, in it's favour is that I'll happilly take on the cleaning contract and keeping the wall outside painted white coz economic downturn or not, there'll always be work for the person that takes on that job. Every two days OK ? And there's a decent pizza express 200 metres down the road. And a clown/balloon shop.
Your call, mate !

I've been driving past this place for a number of years as a delivery driver and I'll tell you ez underscore, Lourdes has nothing on this place when it comes to Shrine-dom ! Forget the acoustics, they're so-so { I mean, come on ! Listen to the Barry Potter soundtrack and all them 60s records with their hard left panned drums !!}, it's the bloody tourists and graffitti merchants you want to worry about, not to mention the thousands of irate drivers each day that get forced to stop at that zebra crossing outside while they wait for worshippers to follow the Beatles' footsteps and try to scrape up Paul's foot DNA {like it would still be there 40 years on with all the rain London gets}. Not to mention the irritation and potential epilepsy triggers with all the camera flashes and the security risks of all those camcorders and mobile phone cams and the like. Of course, in it's favour is that I'll happilly take on the cleaning contract and keeping the wall outside painted white coz economic downturn or not, there'll always be work for the person that takes on that job. Every two days OK ? And there's a decent pizza express 200 metres down the road. And a clown/balloon shop.
Your call, mate !

hey man, i could capitalize on that scene.

Over on GS, they are trying to get 1M people to contribute 20 pounds each :rolleyes:

It's a good thing they understand audio engineering, because they sure don't understand finance! :D

For example, that nobody pays for audio engineering anymore, they just hang out on GS and buy gear :rolleyes:

Once they master that difficult concept, they can work on the complexities of running a public company . . .

On the plus side, I think Abbey Road has half a dozen U47s, so each shareholder would get to use one for three minutes per year :laughings:

From another thread, I understand the asking price is 10 million pounds, way down from the 40 million pounds the current owner paid for the place about 10 years ago. If I had 10 large to spare, I would be ALL over that.

From another thread, I understand the asking price is 10 million pounds, way down from the 40 million pounds the current owner paid for the place about 10 years ago. If I had 10 large to spare, I would be ALL over that.

10 million pounds? that's like $80/US! I'm all over that shit!

Back