View Poll Results: is there a place in modern 'popular' music for acoustic guitars?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • no, acoustic music is totally gay

0 0%
  • leave them to those country n' western people

1 0.54%
  • bob dylan...hmm that went out ages ago, right?

1 0.54%
  • its ok, but not on its own

18 9.73%
  • i love it! a lot of the time, anyway!!!

126 68.11%
  • acoustic rocks!! all the time!!! with nothing else!!!!!

39 21.08%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: acoustic guitar chunes

Thanks

acoustic guitar chunes

Sign in to disable this ad
    hello all
    as i write a lot of tunes on acoustic guitar, and then alot of the time 'electric' them up, i was wandering..
    how much is there a place in modern 'popular' music for acoustic stuff?

bit of a daft question, but im kinda impressed with the number of cool songs on here that have been left acoustic without hiding behind overdrive and effects.

any thoughts?
    You've gotta keep pissing in the wind til you learn how to keep your shoes dry

Thanks
    i think theres definitely a place for accoustic music today. maybe it wont go to the top 40, ,, i love the dashboard confessional album swiss army romance, its only guitar and vocals, and one of the songs i think won a grammy.

Thanks
    i think it's a really silly question; don't think there's an issue here at all.

acoustic guitar vs. electric guitar is a creative choice, not some sort of definitive categorisation. (a good) acoustic guitar sounds great, if played well. same applies for an electric guitar. top 40?? instrumentation isn't what'll get you into the charts. good songs will. Outkast's single "Hey ya!" was based on acoustic guitar rhythms, most of the recent singles produced by the Neptunes rely on acoustic rhythms (e.g. Justin Timberlake's stuff). Norah Jones is full of acoustic instrumentation.

sometimes it works, sometimes electric works better. succesful people make the right choices.

Thanks
    Ben Harper

YeshuasFan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NationalSandwic
    i think it's a really silly question; don't think there's an issue here at all.

acoustic guitar vs. electric guitar is a creative choice, not some sort of definitive categorisation. (a good) acoustic guitar sounds great, if played well. same applies for an electric guitar. top 40?? instrumentation isn't what'll get you into the charts. good songs will. Outkast's single "Hey ya!" was based on acoustic guitar rhythms, most of the recent singles produced by the Neptunes rely on acoustic rhythms (e.g. Justin Timberlake's stuff). Norah Jones is full of acoustic instrumentation.

sometimes it works, sometimes electric works better. succesful people make the right choices.
    What he said. [And by the way, if the person quoted is a woman, I apologize if any offense was caused by my use of the generic "he."]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YeshuasFan
    What he said. [And by the way, if the person quoted is a woman, I apologize if any offense was caused by my use of the generic "he."]
    dont get me wrong, i agree with this. though i dont think its a silly question - as times and styles of music change, i think its a very relevent question, especially when there's so much processed, manufactured and uncreative shit in the charts these days.
    You've gotta keep pissing in the wind til you learn how to keep your shoes dry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutdotnet
    Ben Harper
    Jason Mraz

Dave Matthews

A

Thanks
    Jewel, Sheryl Crowe. There's a place for acoustic guitar in pop music.

Thanks
    Currently on top of the sales list in norway is Ane Brun - a temporary dive. A singer/songwriter in the melancoly street. Gitar and voice for the most. Some of the arrangements has strings and some has a small portion of percussion instruments. Other than that, it's only her and her guitar. The critics love it here in Scandinavia. Not my kind of music, but still on the sales top. Don't know for how long though.
    [SIZE=1][URL=http://wizardsongs.net/]www.wizardsongs.net[/URL] - Power Mac G5 dual 2.5 Ghz, 2.5 Gb ram, logic pro 7.01, Mackie ONYX 400F, AKG C 414 B-XL II, rackmounted Glyph´s 250GB HD´s Firewire 800, Fostex PM-1, Korg Trinity, Motu MX4, BFD, EZD, Akoustic piano, VG II[/SIZE]

Thanks
    Acousic and electric working together is awsome!
    I dont wanna get outta bed today!

Thread Information