New Category in User forums by brand

I disagree Steenamaroo.

It would be a big SEO mistake to bury the iPad and or for that matter the Android with a thread that both are discussed. It would be very cumbersome to follow.. It is like combining Reaper, Cakewalk and Protools users all into one thread...a cluster-muck.
Like Reaper,Cakewalk and Pro-tools, Android and Ipad apps are quite different from each other though they both do the same things ( function as sound modules and effects processors) and as very portable inexpensive yet high quality recorders. In the section of "User Forums by Brands" I encourage Chater-la to give both platforms their own threads... Time will tell but I am thinking it won't be something they will regret.

I disagree Steenamaroo.

It would be a big SEO mistake to bury the iPad and or for that matter the Android with a thread that both are discussed. It would be very cumbersome to follow.. It is like combining Reaper, Cakewalk and Protools users all into one thread...a cluster-muck.
Like Reaper,Cakewalk and Pro-tools, Android and Ipad apps are quite different from each other though they both do the same things ( function as sound modules and effects processors) and as very portable inexpensive yet high quality recorders. In the section of "User Forums by Brands" I encourage Chater-la to give both platforms their own threads... Time will tell but I am thinking it won't be something they will regret.

I highly doubt that there will be a huge influx of of users wishing to discuss either here in my personal opinion. But that does not mean that a new forum is not justified. I'm down with that myself.

If the forum becomes viable, 'then' separate the two platforms.

We could create a forum for interplanetary travel, but if there is not the demand for that forum, then it would certainly seem silly to create two separate forums for NASA and Virgin Galactic before the possibility exists.

Not sure that was a good analogy, but until there is a demand for separate forums, I think one would be sufficient. :)

I disagree Steenamaroo.

I can't say you're wrong, but I think there are better comparisons than the above.
Combining android and iOS is more like combining microsoft, osx and linux, which is exactly what we do here in the main digi/comp forum.

Once you start getting into actual mobile applications by brand that's a different story then your thing applies, but that's hardly likely to be necessary so soon.

That said, I don't care about the details.
I just broadly agree that there's a market and an interest, regardless of anyone's opinion about mobile platforms.

EDIT: I see you talked about the windows/mac thing earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
I'm like a new Junkie just getting used to the high of using an iPad so I may be a little overly smitten. I am blown away by the power of this little bastard and I know I've just scratched the surface...wish I had more free time...I could be out there for a biblical 40 days and 40 nights and still not fully get through the possibilities of the few pieces of software I've purchased...especially the Jordan Rudess stuff.

Hoping that we attract some power users like Jordan here to discuss what they do to harness the little sucker in... anxious for the thread to get started and we'll see where it goes....maybe it'll will not go anywhere but I suspect otherwise....

If you didn't catch my drift I am more than a little adamant that they ( android and iPad ) should be segregated but I'll take what the owners decide to dish out as moving forward either way. Ain't got much choice.

I started using iPad Air for classical recording and is quite amazing what it can do... With Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Presonus Capture app, and occasionally use Focusrite Octopre Mk II for additional mic channels - then wifi transfer files directly onto Studio One Pro before mixdown. So convenient - ditched my Zoom R24 altogether and haven't looked back.

Look to check out Cubasis later...

I started using iPad Air for classical recording and is quite amazing what it can do... With Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Presonus Capture app, and occasionally use Focusrite Octopre Mk II for additional mic channels - then wifi transfer files directly onto Studio One Pro before mixdown. So convenient - ditched my Zoom R24 altogether and haven't looked back.

I have the scarlet too...multi track recording to Auria is pretty simple..I use studio one as well. But then I have a laptop so you dont need to wifi anything anyway just record it straight into studio one in the first place, Its not like portability is an issue when you have to plug the other gear in anyway??

And some wear Po-jama's...if only they knew it....

Hoy Hoy Hoy! :laughings:

Last edited:
Back