Re-amping? Is it this simple?

Without digging through the tread...jus curious....were you doing the reamp thing to take advantage of amp sims or was it more about playing late w/o amp,

Yeah, it's about being able to record at any time. Well, both really in a way......

I wanted to be able to record until all hours of the night, but still have my amp on my finished tunes. I found using my amp limited me as far as when I could record. So, I'll be using sims to get as close as I can to the sounds I want, but just record the DI sound, and then re-amp the real sounds I want when I can blast my amp.

Cool RAMI, I always check my di's level too....have you found you need to boost the hardware output send any??? I usually do, as without boosting/adding vol to the send, the di > amp & guitar straight in are a little different...

What daw are you using too man???

Cool RAMI, I always check my di's level too....have you found you need to boost the hardware output send any??? I usually do, as without boosting/adding vol to the send, the di > amp & guitar straight in are a little different...

What daw are you using too man???
Good morning.

I'm using REAPER.

I just did a quick check yesterday when I took the box out of the.....box. When I record for the first time, I'll do a more thorough test of the levels and make sure I'm sending it the same signal my guitar would. I don't think I'll have to play with any levels in my hard/software because the reamp box has a gain knob on it (a little screwdriver-type thing that you turn up and down with a guitar pick). So, any adjustments I need to make will be done with that. It seems to go from no volume to too much volume. On quick fiddle, it seems that halfway up is pretty much right.

Back